Disney Club

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Original Poster
Have I wasted my money?
A friend of mine has just returned from WDW and he found that many of the places in DTD no longer offer the discounts associated with the card. I know offers come and go and would expect places like the non Disney resturants to change, but Disney stores themselves? It would appear that of all the stores in the marketplace I used the card only World of Disney still offers the discounts. Whats the point of the card? Im still waiting for last years magazines, (quote; are you sure youve not changed your address).
On a few ocassions I have said on this board that I thought the card was worth it . Now im not so sure.

BigAL

Card

One advantage of the card can be if you are buying tickets for more than one person. The discount there will pay for the card. That is the only reason I joined to get the discount on Two annual passes and a couple of four day tickets.

Pioneer Hall

Many of the big stores in DTD do offer the discount if you spend over 25 dollars. The pin carts and other smaller stores do not offer them any more. But the savings on admission and hotel is well worth the price. So NO you did not waste your money.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by happy snapper
If I stay on property and book from the UK all companies include park admission in the price.:mad:

still u didn't waste money...you also get coupons for meals and such in WDW, and you get a free subscription to the Disney magazine. Also get Disney Store Discounts. Really good buy you will get your money worth. You also get discounts at restaurants.

hayuk

Personally, I don't think it is worth it for me unless you are taking a trip to WDW. Then the ticket and resort discounts will make it very worthwhile. The rest of the benefits have been watered down enough that IMHO it isn't worth it especially since they have quit selling adult clothes at the Disney stores. But that is just me. Like many things Disney, it just depends on your own situation and preferences.

Pumbas Nakasak

Original Poster
you get a free subscription to the Disney magazine

As I said before no i havnt been getting it and to be fair Disney have said they will try to get me back issues. But they originally claimed I was getting it but my address must be wrong, it wasnt.
Im just a little dissapointed that a friend got a card on my recomendation then struggled to use it

LoriL

You mention that travel agencies include park admission in your package from the UK, but you should investigate this more closely. They so the same here, but you save money if you book your hotel yourself directly with Disney (especially is you use a discount, check out mousesavers.com for current ones), book your airfare separately (especially now that British Airways and Virgin are offering such great deals to come to the US), and then use your Disney Club card to buuy your park tickets at a discount when you get there (or in advance online). I found that even when I booked a length of stay pass (now called an Ultimate Park Hopper) with Disney with the room, I saved money over the best oackage deal I could find.

You probably know all this already, but just in case...!

leeocean

If you book any trip through the Disney Club website, rent a car through National while your at WDW, or even shop at the Disney store, your membership fee pays for itself in savings over and over again. I booked a trip through the Disney Club this past January and saved almost $650.

jcmayid

Thanks for all the info, I was debating myself whether to join the Disney Club or not. We usually buy FL Resident Seasonal Passes, not the Annual Passes. I hope I get a good discount when I renew them!!! We're also going to the Christmas Store (Days of Christmas is it?) to do our tree this year. I hope they accept the discount card! :confused:

Pumbas Nakasak

Original Poster
I am thinking about booking our next trip on line with Disney but theres always the worry about exchange rates, a saving one minute becaomes a OH No the next. Thanx all for the comments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom