Disney Club

GGG1

Original Poster
Can I get the group's thoughts on the adv/disadv. of joining the Disney Club. I know it is only ~$30 year, but are the benefits worth it? Are there discounts on tickets, hotels that are worthwhile to look at??

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Its worth it if you are visiting WDW, and intend to buy goodies or eat at certain venues. You can /could get 10% off at Disney stores worldwide dont know if its still on. I certainly made my money back, last year .

MKCustodial

Hey, it looks really interesting! Of course, every single Disney commercial looks interesting... But what do you guys think? Is anyone here a member? Is it like DVC, better, worse, or completely different things? :veryconfu

P.S.: It also says that you get a subscription to Disney magazine. Is it the same as Disney Insider, or other?

riverman

We are first timers to WDW in 30 days. We purchase the club card just to save on the park tickets. We got the card from a credit union for $29.95 which is $10 below the reg. price. Bought six day hopper plus passes (2 adult, 1 child) and saved the price of the club card plus about $12.00. Basicly it saves the 6% taxes on the tickets. Not a lot but hey 12.00 should get you fry's and a pop in the park! I am not too far off from what I read. One guy said sandwich, salad, fry's and pop cost him $18.00 just the other day. Anyway, then the card can be used as others have said at Downtown Disney, Rainforest Cafe and some other spots. Save here and there and it adds up!

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by MKCustodial

P.S.: It also says that you get a subscription to Disney magazine. Is it the same as Disney Insider, or other? [/B]

We might consider joining, except that we already have like 3 years paid up suscribtion to the Disney Magizine.

It is worth it if you want the magizine. I really the it, lots of info on the parks. Too bad it is only 4 times a year. I think it is like 16$ for 2 years if you just get the magizine.

We had MK club back when it was free with a Credit Union, that is why be bought the magizine suscribtion in the first place. Once it runs out me might join again.

TinkerBell9988

The Disney Club is worth it, beleive me. Or just ask my mom. Its totally different from the Vacation Club, which is a vacation/traveling/points/thingy (sorry for the description, beleive me i'm embarrassed, my family and I are DVC members!). Disney Club gives you discounts on certain things in the parks and in the Disney Store. You can get special savings on hotels, restaurants, etc... Its worth it if you go to WDW or DL a lot.

Javier&Christie

I just purchased it, and we use it to renew our annual passes (pays for itself right there) then a bunch of other times for hotel discounts when available, water park tickets, just now the keys to the kingdom tour, and other fun stuff, worth it to us!

Oh, and the disney vacation club is a great idea/concept, christie and I took the whole tour on it, and for a while there we were like YES LET'S DO THIS.. but then we realized what we almost got ourselves into (still have to buy our REAL house :lol: ) DVC can get expensive, and as often as we go, we'd still have to rent rooms every once in a while.

jcmayid

Javier&Christie,

My husband & I have FL Resident Seasonal Passes (which expire this month :cry: ) We paid about $198/pp and they have block-out dates which aren't so bad (summer, which we don't care to go in, and Xmas is the only one we'd love to be able to go) but we'd like to know how much the Annual Passes are and also how much you saved w/ the Disney Club? Sorry for all the questions :veryconfu We just want to weigh out all our options.

Thanks!!!

Leaving tonight!!! :sohappy:

Javier&Christie

Hey you guys are going tonight too? Maybe we'll catch up halfway on the drive, we're leaving a couple hours after I get off work (she's running errands now)... :lol:

Annual passes are about $28x or so (i think, I can check better for ya later) renewal w/ disney club & florida residents discount... it's a killer deal for how often we go, and no blackout dates, which is great (seasonal's have gone up in price I see quite a bit!!! used to be like $99 when i was a kid)..

Where are you guys stayin'?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom