Disney Christmas Parade taping?

Huck

Am I correct in remembering, the Christmas Parade broadcast is taped prior to airing?

If this is true, does anyone know when it will be taped? I thought if it will be taped during our Dec. trip, maybe I can try and get my adorable kids on TV.

MSTINKHERBELL01

blackerbys17 said:
Sam, are you sure you are going on Saturday? There is no MVMCP on Saturday, December the 3rd and that is the day I'm going to the taping. I'll be there FOR SURE from late morning until the park closes.

Double check to see what day you got your tickets for. :wave:

I'm so lost....!!!! My MVMCP tickets are for Friday:hammer: the 2nd. I very rarely leave for WDW on a Thurs. but this time we are so i'm all messed up:lol: . I spoke to my friend and she is okay with attending the taping on Sat. and i'm sure my son is gonna be doing alot of this :sohappy: . Thanks so much beautiful!

Upvote 0

Safari Princess

I don't want to be there for the taping...however...the site says annual passholders and cm's can get in w/o a confirmation...is that true because the dates are full.

In a word... Yes. Basically, as the day drags on, more and more extras get frustrated with the taping, or hungry, or they want to go on rides etc. and they leave the taping. As the gaps get bigger the directors open the floodgates to anyone to keep their shots crowded.

Extras who sign up in advance for the taping get into the park for free, and some people bail on the shoot as soon as they can to go on the rides.

Odds are highly likely that even if you are not a CM or Passholder that you can get into the shoot anyway if thats what you want.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think many people do not understand what the taping actually entails. At no point should you expect to experience the holiday parade - just dont, you wont see it.

You will see one float go by slowly, then back up and do it again, several times.

You will watch the band pretend to play infront of the castle five times, without the lead singer.

You will wactch the lead singer, without the band, pretend to sing 5 times.

You will watch the band and the lead singer pretend to play as the costume characters and a childrens choir "floor th stage" for the finale atleast 12 times.

Then, they'll do it all over again.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

You kids are all nuts for thinking this is a "must do".

All the hype and high expecations will very quickly fade to disappointment.
It happens every time!

It's a film crew at WORK - not a new E-ticket!

:ROFLOL:

HAVE FUN!

Upvote 0

rainfully

This is the same exact debate as the "why would anyone want to see the Utilidors... there's nothing down there!"

Some people have never seen a film crew at work and to them it would be quite exciting. Maybe not an all day event, but something they'd like to see nonetheless.

Let people have their excitement... geez.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
This is the same exact debate as the "why would anyone want to see the Utilidors... there's nothing down there!"

Some people have never seen a film crew at work and to them it would be quite exciting. Maybe not an all day event, but something they'd like to see nonetheless.

Yeah, but they have to sign up in a multi-hour shifts (what is it this year? 3 or 4?) and it'll get boring after 30mins.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You kids are all nuts for thinking this is a "must do".

All the hype and high expecations will very quickly fade to disappointment.
It happens every time!

It's a film crew at WORK - not a new E-ticket!

:ROFLOL:

HAVE FUN!

Even watching a film crew making a Major Motion Picture can be quite boring and tedious. Maybe worth about 15 minutes of one whole day of their seven month shoot.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

People can have all the excitement they want RAINFULLY...

They just probably wont find it at the Christmas Prade taping, and it's about time somebody warned them! :rolleyes:

There are so many threads discussing this and not one time has anyone posted the truths about a live shoot - they're boring and bound to be disappointing after seeing it hyped all over the message boards.

People are talking about changing around their whole vacations (which park to visit on taping days, new meal reservations, etc..) to attend the taping, and it certainly isn't worth all that effort.

Somebody needs to remind everyone that:

a) No matter how long they are present for the taping, they most likely WILL NOT be on television Christmas morning,

b) It is not "fun". Families with little children are doing them a huge disservice making them stand around for hours instead of letting them enjoy the park. The kids will be miserable. After all, they can barely sit through the parade now when there are no stops!, and

c) It's generally not a good chance to do any celebrity spotting, as most do not mingle with the crowds at all, and when they're performing, they are mostly blocked by the lighting and sound equipment. Only those few right in the very front of the performer will actually feel they are "seeing" them live!

It's fair to say all these things to those who may have different ideas about the taping.

Not trying to steal away anyone's "excitement"... just trying to help them make an educated decision about how to spend their valuable time at the WDW during the taping. GEEZ...

:xmas::wave::xmas::wave::xmas::wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom