News Disney CEO Bob Chapek suggests price hikes are coming to the parks thanks to guest demand

dreday3

And this is why I give the “acceptance culture” such a hardy. You know the people I’m referring to.

They’re always “personally offended” though…mark it down.

This is how they price…by the mass numbers…it’s not “individually priced”. Those that raise any concerned tend to get keelhauled.

But hey…let’s talk about the “individual value structure” again.

I'm not offended. :)

There are things I don't like, but still more things I like.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
On an unrelated note: watched an epic universe update today (our favorite helicopter spy images)…

On terms of “scale”…it looks truly massive. I don’t know if it’s the actual size of Epcot…or DAK…by what’s being built - mostly the centerpieces to each land - leaves a lot of room for more stuff that’s getting underway.

Is it possible they are building the best theme park in Orlando? Would Comcast have the stones?

dreday3

On an unrelated note: watched an epic universe update today (our favorite helicopter spy images)…

On terms of “scale”…it looks truly massive. I don’t know if it’s the actual size of Epcot…or DAK…by what’s being built - mostly the centerpieces to each land - leaves a lot of room for more stuff that’s getting underway.

Is it possible they are building the best theme park in Orlando? Would Comcast have the stones?

I wish I was more interested in Nintendo. I'm just not.
My dad made us get Intellivision - The Intelligent Television. 😄

I do love Universal Monsters though.

I think the only opportunity to go Disney will be Hong Kong or Tokio. I think this parks are not controlled by Bob Chapek. As a result, prices are normal and middle classes are allowed.

The ideas of Bob Chapek are far-fetched. We should do it something to stop him. He is a tyrant and he is destroying Disney.

sullyinMT

Haven’t watched any of the newer construction update vids yet, but it wouldn’t surprise me that that’s the goal. They achieved the best water theme park, and have some of the best lands in WWoHP. For whatever hodgepodge they had before in theme, the Jurassic area has been plussed in theme and scale recently (even the discovery center got some love with VelociCoaster). I don’t know if Minions is my personal cup of tea, but at least the front of Studios will have a cohesive anchor now.

What’s amazing to me is that they’ve kept up with maintenance and general park appearance as they hammer ahead on Epic. They clearly have the Mouse in their sights, and want to be a meaningful destination and not a 1-2 day afterthought.

Heck, aside from reports of thin walls, Endless Summer actually looks like real “value.” Maybe these are their golden years, but they’re doing a lot of things correctly right now. Including housekeeping and resort purchase delivery.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

I’m not sure Uni will ever have the same feel as Disney….

However new Disney is beginning to not have the same feel as old Disney

I hope Epic is amazing and forces Disney to respond in a positive way for guests

eliza61nyc

So let me just make sure I’m following:

Yesterday I was told that “value” was subjective - some psychology nonsense there, but whatever. Ok.

Now I’m gonna accept that.

Today, Bob says “we may HAVE or increase prices”
So say they go up 20% in the next year…high but not impossible.

So if it costs 20% more next year than today…doesn’t “value” become objective and declining?

…use small words to explain arguing all sides to me, please?
No problem, actually it depends on what you are measuring. your second line actually holds the clue and it's not just a disney phenomena.
It's not just measuring a "thing" vs another "thing". you are trying to put a price on the psychological aspect of the addiction.

For some the love of the mouse is worth ANY price as long as they can get in the gates. Weirdly enough the value actually increases because they find there are less and less who can get in the gates. along that line is some of the things I've heard personally about Genie +. the young moms in my hoa have told me a number of times they will PAY ANY PRICE not to have to stand in line for an hour with 3 toddlers. so as long as they don't have to do that the "value" is there no matter what Disney charges.

and it's not only disney. I've said before how I had to jump ship on NYC due to the cost of living there but I have siblings who think nyc is the epicenter of life itself. no matter how sky high the rent goes, the value NEVER declines because it's NYC and you could argue until your blue in the face about what you can get else where and they will look at you with extreme pity and say but it ain't Brooklyn.

so no, for some no matter what old bob-o charges, the value of walking through that get and gazing on Cinderella's castle is worth whatever price or kidney they have to sell.

Last edited:

sullyinMT

I’m not sure Uni will ever have the same feel as Disney….

However new Disney is beginning to not have the same feel as old Disney

I hope Epic is amazing and forces Disney to respond in a positive way for guests
I think you nailed it for many “newer” guests. My parents didn’t have the means to take us to WDW as kids, and we waited until our student loans were paid before taking our own kids (9 & 7 at first visit). We go every 18-24 months now, but recently Universal has been meeting WDW in the middle, so to speak. In some ways, each is better. That’s such a subjective thing. But the gap isn’t so wide as to justify massive pricing differences in a world with no discounts.

I hope you’re right. I hope Epic is the oncoming train in the tunnel that causes TWDC to rethink their current game of chicken both with guests and the competition.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.

I saw somewhere that the Epic land is about the same size as the current UO property. including Volcano Bay, City Walk, and all of the resorts.

UpAllNight

In my job I work with hundreds of businesses, and Bob strikes me as a particular kind of CEO.

He simply doesn’t haven’t the intelligence to be in position he is in, in the long term.

Many people before him, might have thought the things he does, but they’re not thick enough to say it out loud.

Who on Earth, knowing Disneys fanbase, is so open, during a Price inflation crisis to say ”their problem” as this idiot is?

This will prove his downfall, hopefully sooner rather than later. He comes across so arrogant.

But, I say this as someone who used to look over the relentless criticism of Iger which was ongoing for years and years on here. Literally the guy could do nothing right in the eyes of many on here.

Want him back yet???

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No problem, actually it depends on what you are measuring. your second line actually holds the clue and it's not just a disney phenomena.
It's not just measuring a "thing" vs another "thing". you are trying to put a price on the psychological aspect of the addiction.

For some the love of the mouse is worth ANY price as long as they can get in the gates. Weirdly enough the value actually increases because they find there are less and less who can get in the gates. along that line is some of the things I've heard personally about Genie +. the young moms in my hoa have told me a number of times they will PAY ANY PRICE not to have to stand in line for an hour with 3 toddlers. so as long as they don't have to do that the "value" is there no matter what Disney charges.

and it's not only disney. I've said before how I had to jump ship on NYC due to the cost of living there but I have siblings who think nyc is the epicenter of life itself. no matter how sky high the rent goes, the value NEVER declines because it's NYC and you could argue until your blue in the face about what you can get else where and they will look at you with extreme pity and say but it ain't Brooklyn.

so no, for some no matter what old bob-o charges, the value of walking through that get and gazing on Cinderella's castle is worth whatever price or kidney they have to sell.
But…objectively…the cost would be significantly more in a small timespan above any reasonable assertion that prices would he “appropriately higher” in said timeframe. So an academic loss?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In my job I work with hundreds of businesses, and Bob strikes me as a particular kind of CEO.

He simply doesn’t haven’t the intelligence to be in position he is in, in the long term.

Many people before him, might have thought the things he does, but they’re not thick enough to say it out loud.

Who on Earth, knowing Disneys fanbase, is so open, during a Price inflation crisis to say ”their problem” as this idiot is?

This will prove his downfall, hopefully sooner rather than later. He comes across so arrogant.

But, I say this as someone who used to look over the relentless criticism of Iger which was ongoing for years and years on here. Literally the guy could do nothing right in the eyes of many on here.

Want him back yet???
Iger started most of the trends being lamented.

You remember the critics…I remember the zealots putting ALL the blame for everything that came after on eisner’s last 3 years fighting with Roy. Who was a hell of alot more intelligent/tougher than anyone the Bobs ever had to speak to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom