News Disney CEO Bob Chapek suggests price hikes are coming to the parks thanks to guest demand

Smiley/OCD

I think the problem is they’re cutting corners already…maybe more hours/strain will make it a problem you can’t kick dirt on?
Just think, if Chappie decides to close the parks at 6 pm every day, just think about how busy the parks would be during the day, how much payroll he'd save and how much in electricity he'd save...I know, I should shut up before he takes my idea and runs with it...

fgmnt

Just think, if Chappie decides to close the parks at 6 pm every day, just think about how busy the parks would be during the day, how much payroll he'd save and how much in electricity he'd save...I know, I should shut up before he takes my idea and runs with it...
As I stated before (I think in this thread) the next frontier is more hard ticket events. I think if they add one or two more permanent additions to Studios, you could sell a hard ticket at that park as well.

jpinkc

I hate to be sooo pessimistic on Disney, but the whole staffing shortages, fat shaming guests (Christine Mc Carthy), now Screw Bob saying hes going to increase prices even more...... (after one of largest Disney cash grabs of Genie+). If there was still the Disney Difference, that used to be present in the Parks and Hotels, we might consider going back. But after our Holiday 21 trip, its gonna be a long time for us to consider Disney again. It really bugs me as I have gone almost every year of my life and 2 times a year when we could after marriage.

CaptainAmerica

You got some numbers on that?

Because everything is back up to speed now…so i think that “pass” has expired too
You sure about that, Tex?

Screenshot_20220815-064209.png
Screenshot_20220815-064218.png

dreday3

Maybe demand is dropping?
We are going week after Easter week and I was looking at hotels this morning (as one does at work on a Monday morning) and every hotel is available with every room type available except for some deluxe theme park views. That's crazy to me!

Admittedly we normally always go in October, but 8 months out it's usually booked pretty solid in quite a few resorts, especially deluxe ones.

I'm not mad at this. :D

bhg469

We are going week after Easter week and I was looking at hotels this morning (as one does at work on a Monday morning) and every hotel is available with every room type available except for some deluxe theme park views. That's crazy to me!

Admittedly we normally always go in October, but 8 months out it's usually booked pretty solid in quite a few resorts, especially deluxe ones.

That does sound very telling..

CaptainAmerica

I usually book in July for January and there's usually a ton of availability. I've never done October and spring is always weird depending on the timing of Easter and breaks.

I'm not saying it's nothing, but it's not necessarily something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom