Disney captures 7 spots on Travel & Leisure's Top 20 List

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I don't know if this was already posted. My apologies if it was.

Disney Captures Seven Spots on Travel & Leisure's Top 20 Family Hotels and Resorts List

Seven Disney resorts have been rated as top family hotels in the continental U.S. and Canada by readers of Travel & Leisure magazine, including Disney's Yacht Club Resort which took the honor as the number-one family resort. In addition to Disney's Yacht Club Resort, the Walt Disney World® Resort placed four other resorts on the list (which appears in the October edition), including Disney's Boardwalk Inn at No. 3, Disney's Wilderness Lodge No. 4, Disney's Beach Club Resort at No. 11, and Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at No. 20.

Disney's Grand California Hotel® at the Disneyland® Resort captured the seventh spot on the list and Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Disney's Vacation Club Resort in Florida was listed at No. 12.

Pioneer Hall

No Polynesian...What a tragedy. It is such a great resort, especially for families. I even think it is better for families than the Yacht and Beach Club because it has that quick service food area. I can't believe that Y&B don't have a food court type place somewhere in the resort. It was one thing that swayed us to the Polynesian this year instead of one of those resorts.

TravisMT81

YC rules...Poly drools :lol: j/k . I wish they would at least expand beaches in cream. My mom's dining room is bigger than that LOL.

Lance

I still can't believe Y&B club is number 1, I think it's almost as snobby as GF, the only reason it's number 1 is because of Stormalong Bay, I think WL should be #1 because of it's value, Y&B is very overpriced.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I really liked the Y&B Club when I stayed there. I didn't think it was at all snobby. The GF on the other hand.......

DemoBri1

Originally posted by Lance
I still can't believe Y&B club is number 1, I think it's almost as snobby as GF, the only reason it's number 1 is because of Stormalong Bay, I think WL should be #1 because of it's value, Y&B is very overpriced.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but don't the WL and YC/BC have the same price points on rooms? If so, how is WL a better value?? There are also a great deal more restaurant choices available around YC/BC than WL. If any place has gripe it should be BC. Why are they #11 while YC is #1? Don't get me wrong I thorughly enjoyed my stay at YC, but it just seems somewhat strange that the same basic resort has 10 spots between it.

DemoBri1

Whoops!! Must apologize. I do see that WL is quite a bit less than YC/BC. Since I am a DVC member and WLV and BCV are the same base unit cost, I just assumed the Lodge rooms were the same as well.

Guess that just goes to show, never assume.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom