Rumor Disney bus driver busted for grooming kids on chat while at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Marley

He said the quiet part out loud.
Exactly. Most people connect the dots.

Never let your guard down, even in the Disney "bubble". Parents always need to monitor CMs actions when they are dealing with children, where characters hands are, ride attendants, lifeguards, you name it. Just because you're at Disney doesn't mean you are free from sickos.
Always be alert no matter how magical the destination.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I know what he was getting at, given who he aligns himself with, but the comment was pretty stupid.
You mean all the voters of Polk County trying to live their lives without having to worry about sexual predators? ...lawless motorcycle gangs? ...meth addicts? ...armed felons? ...etc?

Lilofan

You mean all the voters of Polk County trying to live their lives without having to worry about sexual predators? ...lawless motorcycle gangs? ...meth addicts? ...armed felons? ...etc?
C’mon Polk County is not just a few FL rednecks and crackers ?😏

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't think he's equating anything. Nobody believes everyone who works at TDO is a sexual predator.

He's just pointing out his perception that every large sexual predator sting seems to have at least one Disney employee caught in the net.

But like in any large population (70,000?) you'll find a certain percentage exists and responds to their trigger stimuli. That's how the stings work.
Then why point it out? Instead of saying "what would a sting operation be without a Disney employee," why not just say what you did about large populations and percentages. Read the quote. Like it or not, he was expressing an attitude about Disney.

Brian

Using the word ‘grooming’ says a lot already. It’s a the new go to catchphrase for some people.
Like ClickOrlando.com?

Words have meaning, and what this sick (likely former) bus driver did falls squarely within the definition.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
With over 70k CM's, in literally every aspect of life in Central Florida - the boring, the mundane, the good, the bad, the exciting - there will be at least one CM involved.

Going to the supermarket? CMs will be shopping there with you.
Going to the movies? CMs will be watching it too.
Driving on I4? CMs are too.
In line at the DMV? At least one CM is around you.
Getting your annual physical? So's the CM in the waiting room.
The TSA person who screamed at you over a water bottle at MCO? They're probably a seasonal CM.
Your bully in high school? Works as a CM on the weekends and holidays.
The realtor that sold you your house? Works as a seasonal CM.

So of course...
Getting a large group of suspects for any crime in Central Florida? At least one is a CM.

Last edited:

Brian

Is it that unreasonable to think that those with pedophilic tendencies would want to work at a place like Disney where there are large numbers of children, and parents with their guards down?

mkt

Premium Member
Not only that, but he has been highlighting the Disney CMs caught during these stings for many years now; long before relations turned sour between Disney and Tallahassee.

So what's his issue with one of the largest employers of residents of his county? What makes Disney cast members so remarkable? It's like mentioning that some of the people arrested were left handed, or had brown hair - it's completely unremarkable.

Brian

So what's his issue with one of the largest employers of residents of his county? What makes Disney cast members so remarkable?
I bolded why it is, in fact, remarkable.

That, and that WDW is the top family vacation destination in the world, and parents need to know that they cannot let their guard down.

Last edited by a moderator:

mkt

Premium Member
That, and that WDW is the top family vacation destination in the world, and parents need to know that they cannot let their guard down.

As a parent, I know to never let my guard down.

And as a human being, I still find parading around these people to be absolutely disgusting (granted, nowhere near as disgusting as the crimes that they're accused of), and an absolute violation of of fifth, sixth, and fourteenth amendment rights. Let them go through the process and be convicted before dragging their name and faces in the mud.

Brian

As a parent, I know to never let my guard down.
More people need to learn that, though. Folks assume that they and their kids are safe at Disney, and to some extent they are, but there is little that Disney can do to stop these sickos from remaining employed there (before they offend), unfortunately, and virtually nothing they can do as it relates to hiring/onboarding.

And as a human being, I still find parading around these people to be absolutely disgusting (granted, nowhere near as disgusting as the crimes that they're accused of), and an absolute violation of of fifth, sixth, and fourteenth amendment rights. Let them go through the process and be convicted before dragging their name and faces in the mud.
As much as I appreciate the sheriff, I have also had some concerns about due process for this same reason. As you said, it doesn't come close to concern about the crimes these folks are accused of, but it's possible for someone to be wrongly accused of something, even with law enforcement's best intentions, which I trust they have during these operations.

Again, none of this to excuse the horrific behavior these sickos are being accused of, but due process matters.

Lilofan

With over 70k CM's, in literally every aspect of life in Central Florida - the boring, the mundane, the good, the bad, the exciting - there will be at least one CM involved.

Going to the supermarket? CMs will be shopping there with you.
Going to the movies? CMs will be watching it too.
Driving on I4? CMs are too.
In line at the DMV? At least one CM is around you.
Getting your annual physical? So's the CM in the waiting room.
The TSA person who screamed at you over a water bottle at MCO? They're probably a seasonal CM.
Your bully in high school? Works as a CM on the weekends and holidays.
The realtor that sold you your house? Works as a seasonal CM.

So of course...
Getting a large group of suspects for any crime in Central Florida? At least one is a CM.
You can spot a CM a mile away. Some may still be wearing their Mission Space costume buying food at Wal Mart.

mkt

Premium Member
As much as I appreciate the sheriff, I have also had some concerns about due process for this same reason. As you said, it doesn't come close to concern about the crimes these folks are accused of, but it's possible for someone to be wrongly accused of something, even with law enforcement's best intentions, which I trust they have during these operations.

Again, none of this to excuse the horrific behavior these sickos are being accused of, but due process matters.
How about waiting for them to be found guilty in a court of law before using that word.

A better way:

Again, none of this to excuse the alleged horrific behavior these people are being accused of, but due process matters.

mkt

Premium Member
You can spot a CM a mile away. Some may still be wearing their Mission Space costume buying food at Wal Mart.
Not all CMs wear costumes, and if they are, I doubt that they're wearing their costume on their days off.

Lilofan

How about waiting for them to be found guilty in a court of law before using that word.

A better way:

Again, none of this to excuse the alleged horrific behavior these people are being accused of, but due process matters.
And if guilty , they lose their job. If found innocent they get their job back. Rush to judgement is a very common trait in our country.

mkt

Premium Member
And if guilty , they lose their job. If found innocent they get their job back.

Innocent until proven guilty. Either way, in a right to work state, the mere accusation is enough to get them termed and blacklisted.

Although given Disney's current staffing shortages, possible reassignment to an area where there's 0 guest contact until the trial is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom