News Disney Bus Driver Arrested

PorterRedkey

Happy they caught this creep! With over 72,000 employees at WDW, they are bound to be a few messed up people.

I'm just glad it was not motorcoach driver Gus!

IMG_3915-600x450.jpg

ElvisMickey

Whenever I see stories like this, it amazes me that regardless of the fact how much of a slime ball guys like this are, they still do these things knowing what the penalty is if they get caught. I read this in the local Orlando news a couple of days ago and if memory serves correct, he has a kid and a wife who's pregnant with another. What a tool.

Driver

Really sad we have these predators among us in society. He was actually an instructor. Married 2 kids and one on the way. He messed up his own life and his whole family's. What also upsets me is how the media reports these things. Did they really have to start the headline out with " Disney Bus Driver" ? If he had a different proffesion would they have done the same thing? I think not. It's just a way to bring attention to Disney in a negative light and WDW had nothing to do with his actions.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
What also upsets me is how the media reports these things. Did they really have to start the headline out with " Disney Bus Driver" ? If he had a different proffesion would they have done the same thing? I think not. It's just a way to bring attention to Disney in a negative light and WDW had nothing to do with his actions.
Sensationalism sells. Any time there's an unsavory aspect, the media loves to play up the underlying "threat" to family values by an otherwise assumed "wholesome" Disney employee.

Driver

Sensationalism sells. Any time there's an unsavory aspect, the media loves to play up the underlying "threat" to family values by an otherwise assumed "wholesome" Disney employee.
So true ! The concern among some of the CM's is the public will view all CM's as bad. And the fact is not all CM's are bad, on the contrary all CM's go through FBI background checks and are good people. Disney takes every step possible to screen CM's however they cannot control someone s actions, no one can. And not that it makes any difference but he did not do this on company time.

Kman101

Yep.

The local Orlando news is horrible about this. Anything within a 100 mile radius (I'm slightly exaggerating, of course, but you get the idea) of Disney seems to get "NEAR DISNEY" when there's something horrible that happens within the vicinity (and it happens to actually NOT involve Disney). I've really been turned off of news over the last few years ...

tissandtully

Yep.

The local Orlando news is horrible about this. Anything within a 100 mile radius (I'm slightly exaggerating, of course, but you get the idea) of Disney seems to get "NEAR DISNEY" when there's something horrible that happens within the vicinity (and it happens to actually NOT involve Disney). I've really been turned off of news over the last few years ...
Well Casey Anthony worked for Universal, so all the TMs are murderers of course... (this is sarcasm)

Kman101

I also love how the news does a weather story. They always use such big strong words to scare the general audience. It's almost funny sometimes. It's also amazing what they spend time discussing when they should spend the time doing real investigative reporting. I don't need 15 minutes every morning devoted to someone's tweets.

BoarderPhreak

So basically he actually was a Disney bus driver until March 25 when he got busted - or shortly after, when they fired him - thus "Former Disney bus driver..." But yeah, sensationalist to say the least.

Kman101

My local news does an amazing job when weather is TRULY severe. Which is nice they stay on the air and talk to you about it but yeah major news and even some local news really oversensationalize the weather. They’re obsessed with naming things too. Superstorm anyone?

crxbrett

Well, at least he was busted and can no longer be a driver for DME anymore. I will say if there is one good thing to come out of it, at least the guy knows he messed up and admitted to the problem. After watching 'To Catch a Predator' for years, it was pretty infuriating to see most of those sleaze bags denying they did anything wrong or flat out lie or even go as far as to say they meant no harm or what they did was not a crime. And if anybody ever watched that show, a lot of those guys had families or were even counselors or teachers. Pathetic and sad.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Teachers, coaches, doctors, youth pastors--these all make the news, more than any WDW CM.
WDW has somewhere around 70k employees. There are more than 3.5 million teachers alone in the US.

If the rate of illegal activity is consistent between the two groups you would expect to hear about teachers 50 times as often as WDW employees.

The bottom line is the media will add any detail it can to a story to generate web clicks. If a 70 year old dude that was a janitor for 6 months at WDW when he was in college kills someone, you can all but guarantee the headline will read "Former Disney employee kills wife".

Driver

Teachers, coaches, doctors, youth pastors--these all make the news, more than any WDW CM.
I hear ya maybe I'm just ticked that they had to throw the Disney name under the proverbial bus. Disney didn't do anything wrong but their name is still connected too the story albeit loosely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom