Disney Bears?

Ravenclaw87

Original Poster
Does anyone else have/know of/love Disney Bears?

I know they sort of discontinued them for a while, but I was ever so happy to discover they made new ones!! They're smaller and fuzzier, and *extremely* hard to find though--- the only store I found them at was at the store adjacent to Philharmagic.

I'm up to 6 bears now. Anyone else love these things?

santa's surpriz

I am quite sure what "disney bears" are, but I do remember that there was a shop in Germany at Epcot that sold several of the higher end collectible bears. Pricing is much much higher than any beanie baby style but it depends what type of collector you are.

NewfieFan

Are these bears by any chance from a book? The reason I'm asking is b/c I bought a child's story book in Downtown Disney this past June. I don't have it here with me now (I'm not home) but the title was something like; "The Disney Bear - A Day at the Magic Kingdom". Anyways, it's about a bear that comes to life to spend a day at the Magic Kingdom with Mickey. Very sweet story and my son just adores the book as it reminds him of his favorite place on earth! If these Disney Bears were the same one from the story, I would just have to buy one for my son. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?:veryconfu

MrsGracey

This is my Disney bear. I got him a few years ago, but I thought they still sold them. They just had a dark brown, light brown, and the white at the time. I think now you can get them in pastel colors too. Mine is wearing a pin btw, that's not a patch or anything.
walter.jpg

And Newfiefan, I do believe the bear from the story and the one in the book are the same.

NewfieFan

This is my Disney bear. I got him a few years ago, but I thought they still sold them. They just had a dark brown, light brown, and the white at the time. I think now you can get them in pastel colors too. Mine is wearing a pin btw, that's not a patch or anything.
walter.jpg

And Newfiefan, I do believe the bear from the story and the one in the book are the same.

Thanks so much, he does look like the one in the story book (except the one in the story is a brown color). So, where can I get these bears - somebody mentioned in a shop near Philharmagic!?! I'm not going to WDW for another year, hopefully they'll still be making them...

MrsGracey

I'm not sure about the smaller kind the OP is talking about, but as long as they're still selling these bears, you can get them at about any big gift shop. Mine came from MGM, the Christmas shop over by ToT, but I know I've seen them at the Emporium at MK, and at Mouse Gears in Epcot. You might want to call the merchandise number to see if they still sell them, you can even go ahead and buy it if you don't want to wait a year.
This is the number I found to call....407-363-6200

NewfieFan

Thank you MrsGracey!!!:sohappy: I will try calling the number. It would be a nice surprise under the Christmas tree. Thanks again!

Ravenclaw87

Original Poster
Noo... they don't sell them at the big stores anymore. They're EXTREMELY hard to find. I just came back a few days ago and did not see them in the Emporium, Mouse Gears, or even World of Disney. I also make my grandparents look every time they go in the winter.

There are two kinds: the original, which someone posted a picture of. They had a lot of different colors of that one. Now they have new ones, which are very fuzzy, and I saw in them in pink, brown, and yellow, as well as the "My First Disney Bear" styles. And, yes, they are the same as the book--- the little story of the Disney Bear actually comes attached to them.

I just think the little guys are adorable and wanted to know if anyone else loved them, too. :) I've seen some of the original ones sell for $80 on ebay!

NewfieFan

Interesting info! I wondered if shipping would be alot. And I live in Canada, so I guess I can forget that idea! Why would they make the bears hard to get!?! Are they a popular item? I guess all I can hope is that they are still making them next year when I return. And then I'll have to go on the hunt for them!:) By the way, what is the current price on those cute bears?
Also, do you have a pic of the new fuzzy ones?
I know, I know, lots of questions!!!:veryconfu Anyways, thanks for the info everybody.:wave:

SallyShine

We have a light blue one purchased on the Disney Wonder and a brown one purchased at the NYC store. They are two of my son's favorites (and he knows bears :) ).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom