Disney Attendance in Nov Vs Dec

Paul Mooney

Hello, my wife, children (one is 4 yrs old and the other is on the way), and I want to visit Disney late this year and are considering either the week of Nov 11-18 or Dec 2-9. Since we will have a newborn with us, we are anxious to visit when attendance is lowest and although both seem to be reasonably low-attendance weeks, we thought we would inquire here for recommendations. Any thoughts on relative attendance between the two weeks? If Dec is significantly less crowded, we will definitely opt for that week in lieu of Nov.

With the 5/7 (2 nights free) package valid through Nov 18 (I no this is no longer available), it seems like the 1st weeks of Dec might be very slow...

Any advice is welcome, thank you.

Paul M.

spr0m

We went the week after thanksgiving this past year and it was more crowded than normal(not as bad as the week before or christmas/summer) but not as empty as our normal January week. We wanted to see the christmas decor this time and I guess many other people did as well. Mickey's Christmas party was great though we got on space mountain and big thunder with zero waits. If you want low crowds go in November and go mid week to the more popular parks . January would be even better

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

If you go in November, Food & Wine will still be in full swing (right? someone back me up here... *grin*) if you're in to that sort of thing. We're going the first week in November...and we went a couple years ago and it wasn't very busy at all. I remember a 10 minute wait for ToT, etc. Generally speaking, however, there is a lull in guest attendance between holidays. So the first week in December may be a bit less crowded as the crowds have already been (Thanksgiving) or are waiting to go (Christmas). Hope this helps, and have fun!!! :xmas:

Upvote 0

Cynderella

We have gone for the past 2 years the week right after thanksgiving. I mean we leave thanksgiving day and it is usually not very crowded at all. But I'm sure it could be just as crowded. You never really know w/ Disney. Sure there's some lines...when arent there...but its definetly quieter at that time. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

Nicole

We were there last year the week of Veteran's Day and I was surprised at how crowded it was compared to the other time we went the week inbetween Vet's Day and T'giving. All the guidebooks I've read (and there are several) say that the first couple weeks of December are the best time to visit as far as crowds go.

Upvote 0

fjm777

We arrived the Saturday after Thanksgiving last year. Went to Epcot on Sunday and MK on Monday and the crowds were big. I even wondered if we made a big mistake picking this time of year. But on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday there was almost nobody there. We walked in on everything at all four parks. Needless to say say we were VERY happy about that. We are going to try the second week of November this year and will keep our fingers crossed.

Upvote 0

justynsaunt

Go in December! Christmas time at Disney is wonderful. The decorations, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and very low attendance. We went the week before Christmas in 2002 and 2003 and we had a wonderful time.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

Gotta add my vote for Dec. We've been the last two years in Dec (1st week and 3rd week) and loved it both times. The 1st weekend was a little busy since T-day crowds were still around some, but most seemed to be leaving. I thought we had really messed up when we walked into the resort early morning and it was packed! But the great thing was they were all leaving!! :wave: The rest of the week was wonderful.

Exactly the opposite happened on the 3rd week. The entire week was great and then Friday and Saturday, things started to pick up, but we were leaving on Saturday.

So, I say pick Dec and enjoy ALL the holiday decorations and special events!

Upvote 0

MichRX7

Premium Member
I will add my vote for December and I will tell you that we used to go every year at the beginning of November. Given the ages of our kids (which at the time were right around your children's ages) every year we would be let down because they would close down the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playland at DS.

Then we switched to the 1st/2nd week in December and everything is usually open (except it seems one of the two water parks), the Christmas decor is up, with little one's the shortened park hours work out perfect, and the crowds are very very very small.

Upvote 0

Scottsman

I'll add another vote for December. Everyone should go to WDW during the holidays at least once. The holiday decorations are amazing. I really love the archway at Epcot and "Christmas Around the World". You should also plan on doing the candlelight processional while your there.

I also believe that everyone should go the the Food and Wine festival at least once, which is why we're going the first week of November. :slurp:

Either way, you can't miss, but I'd go at Christmas time if you've never been at that time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom