Disney AT&T

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
Its is said that Walt disney Company, AOL Timewaner, Comcast, Microsaft and Cable are all bidding. They said the running is going to be an all out war for AT&T Broadband unit. Who do you think will get it and what do you think Disney will do if they win?

MrPromey

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
Its is said that Walt disney Company, AOL Timewaner, Comcast, Microsaft and Cable are all bidding. They said the running is going to be an all out war for AT&T Broadband unit. Who do you think will get it and what do you think Disney will do if they win?

I have serious doubts that the government would let AOL Timewarner buy all of it. Microsoft doesn't currently run any of their own lines for the services they provide (that's done by UUNet) Cable is smaller than AT&T's cable service but Enterprises, Inc. could probably swing it if they are looking to expand their cable service that much, that quickly. I wouldn't hold my breath on Comcast all that much... While Disney would stand a lot to gain from this kind of purchase, giving them guaranteed outlets to America for their cable network offerings, it could also create conflicts of interest within other parts of the company and, unless run under a name other than Disney, might hurt their company brand.
I would place in order of most likely AOL Timewarner (if they can), , Disney.
IF AOL Timewarner is able to buy them they will probably be required by the government to sell off a good sized chunk of their whole in which case, would probably be the most likely candidate to take up that slack... Just my opinion, anyway...

Keysmickey

Not sure if this deal would be good or bad for Disney, but I agree with MrPromey with regard to an AOL purchase (only I'm more extreme). I don't believe there's a snowballs chance in hades that an AOl purchse would go through the regulators. I think Disney is the most likely winner via an alliance with Microsoft (note Disney's recent business dealings with MS, coincidental?). Plus, it has been widely reported that Disney's President (Iger) is very good friends with the AT&T President. I know business is business, but I can't help but believe that this relationship has to help in subliminal ways...As with MrPromey, these are just my thoughts, as well.
:D :D :D :D

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
If it goes though Disney will demand a break up. Disney wants them to sell Warner Brothers, CNN, and most of there TV and Movies holdings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom