Disney at Hiton Head

tourlink99

Original Poster
Hi, as anyone been to the DVC at Hilton Head Island, I'm staying there April11 th for a week and are looking for tips I dont golf, love to sightsee, hang by the pool and check out the beach if not to cold I lslo love good food!
Mark

DizneyPryncess

My family vacations for 20 years have been to Hilton Head - it's a beautiful place! I've never stayed at the Disney resort there, but have visited it just because it was Disney. It's very nice & is in a great location.

Some of my favorite restaurants nearby:
-Aunt Chilada's (family fave)
-Truffles
-Marley's
-Wild Wing Cafe (great for lunch!)
-Old Oyster Factory (beautiful setting)
-Salty Dog Cafe
-Kingfisher

There's no shortage of great restaurants. I myself am not a seafood eater, but it's all my family eats, so the restaurants I named have both available.

As for sightseeing - don't miss Harbor Town. It's got the lighthouse, great little shops, and a beautiful marina. Other great places to see would be Coligny Plaza, Sea Pines (especially South Beach Marina w/the Salty Dog Cafe), and Shelter Cove. If you decide to take any dolphin sightseeing tours (they can be a lot of fun & are very relaxing), they will probably take out of Shelter Cove so you can check it out.

The Hilton Head beach is my favorite beach. When the tide is out, the beach is enormous. Most often you can see dolphins close to shore, but it's more likely in the morning. If you like to bike, absolutely rent a bike! There's bike paths all over the island, or you can ride on the beach. My husband & I spend more time biking & eating than anything else on the island.

Have a great time! PM me if you have any questions about anything I mentioned. HHI is like a second home to me. :)

-jamie-

tourlink99

Original Poster
Thank you Princess for all that great info on Hilton Head! Does anyone have any info on the refurbishments going on there? Will it be unsightly or noisy?
Thanks
Mark

DisneyDreams030

Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort

:) I love Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort. I've been there a few times and it's so much fun. The resort is beautiful and really laid back and relaxing. It's themed like an old fishing lodge (which sounds weird but it's not). The buildings blend in with the scenery and it's such a fun place to visit. The cast members there are awesome also! Because it's smaller than Disney World...(of course) there are fewer cast members and they are more involved with the guests. I've even had some awesome conversations with many of the lifeguards and rec cast members. They are really great and are there to make your trip memorable. You will receive a list of activities for the week you are there when you check in and there's always things to do for all ages. The resort is in the middle of the island right next to Shelter Cove, but there is also a beach house about 2 miles away; a quick drive and a really fun bike ride. The beach house offers a pool and a quick service food place and of course, THE BEACH! Hilton Head is a great island, the beaches are beautiful and it's such a relaxing place.
I love that resort, I'm actually going there this summer in July for vacation. I hope you have a great time, I'm sure you will love it.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We drove to Disney World last year in October, and stopped at Disney's Hilton Head for an overnight stay on the way dow.

The resort is very nice, and we wished we left more time to stay for a while longer, but we were on a schedule.

The place is very quiet, at least in October it was. Like others said, plenty of places to east at, most in walking distance from the resort. We ate at Kingfisher that evening.

We give it a thumbs up and would stay again if we needed to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom