Disney At Christmas

Jacquie

Going to Disney for very first time after Xmas this year. Will be arriving 28.12.02 for 16 days.
Should we rush and go to Magic Kingdom before year end or will we be missing much by going first week in January which I think may be quieter.

Any help appreciated for us novice Orlando tourists.
We will be two families with 4 kids under 10.

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by conntom
you are right FanofDisney1981 but I like Christmas music.
I do miss some music but that the way it go if you like
Christmas:wave:

so that can be your excuse if you go during the regular parts of the year.... "but honey, the christmas spirit is best seen in Disney!"

I have gotten really good with the exucses for going. :)

Upvote 0

leeocean

Originally posted by Married@WDW
If you can catch it, I'd make a point to see the Candlelight Processional -- someone famous (we had Levar Burton and he was TREMENDOUS!) narrates the Christmas story as a huge chorus sings along. It's absolutely beautiful! I think we saw it on it's last night last year, which was December 29th. It's was especially emotional because there was mention of 9/11. You can buy a package that includes dinner at most of the Epcot restaurants or just stand in-line. But if you choose to stand in line, I'd get there early.

I also recommend doing lots of hotel hopping. The Christmas decorations are different at each hotel and are all absolutely beautiful. The decoration should remain up at least through New Year's Day.

I absolutely 100% agree with this person! I went to Disney Christmas 2000 and had the chance to see Gary Sinise perform and narrate - it was tremendous! The dinner package guarantees you good food and good seats. Hotel hopping is also fabulous - especially if you just do it around the Magic Kingdom Resorts at night - they are all decked out. I know for a fact that they keep the decoration up until around the 10th of January bc one late night coming back from Pleasure Island - we caught the decorators taking the tree down at our resort, the Wilderness Lodge) with a huge crane and everything (garland, etc.) was on the huge racks. It was the most nifty experience to watch them work at 2:30 a.m. No one else was around.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom