Disney at Christmas

NadieMasK2

I will be in WDW from Dec. 18 - 26 this year. We have never been at Christmas time before. Are there any special things we should make a point of seeing? Is MVMCP worth the money? We will be in the MK on a day when this will be happening....does the park close early for those who aren't going to MVMCP? I truly can't wait to go during this season, I hear it is great! :sohappy:
Also, if you had to choose what resort you would stay at during the holiday season, which would it be? In particular for Christmas Day.
Thanks!

bgraham34

MVMCP is very much worth the money. The Osborne lights are amazing. You can believe it until you see it with your own eyes. Pictures or video do not do it justice.

Upvote 0

swimmom

MVMCP is definately worth the money. Since you are going later in December most likely it will be a sold out night, which it was for us last year too. It will be crowded, but not as crowded as it will be on other days of your trip. Be sure to catch the shows and the Holiday Wishes that are only during the parties.

Our favorite resort is Wilderness Lodge. Awesome decorations for the holidays.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
sas115 said:
How long do they usually keep the decorations up for? We are going Jan 4-9 and were hoping to see some.

Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights, which are the most spectacular run from Nov. 23-Jan. 8.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The MVMCP is well worth the money! The Osbourne lights.... well, let's just say that my interest in them has waned over the past 2-3 years. It's just not as exciting to see them anymore. We still go see them, but the awe factor isn't what it used to be.

Upvote 0

col

i am going over christmas :xmas: , i will be staying in a value hotel but if i could afford any disney hotel it would either be : the polynesian, the boardwalk, wilderness lodge. to me it seems that its cheaper to stay at disneys polynesian than to go to hawaii (i can always wish).

from looking on the boards ive decided to go and see the osborne lights, visit epcot and see how all the countries celebrate christmas (except the uk), ride the monorail at night and see all the lights and decorations, visit disney quest (never did it before).

ive never been before at christmas so its really exciting but i already know what im doing and where i want to go but im just happy to be going!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak529

We are going Dec 4th- 11th & we are soo excited! We have never been there at Christmast time. This has been a dream of my mother-in-laws family & mine for a long time. We are soo excited!

This will be the frist trip with my new digital camra! I'm soo excited! I love taking photos!

Upvote 0

helliker

Like everyone says, don't miss the Osbourne Lights.

MVMCP is really cool, but it was pretty busy when I was there. They have a special parade and special fireworks that are spectacular. There are lots of little touches too, like the snow machines on main street, the free hot chocolate and cookies, and projection effects on the castle.

It is also worth mentioning that they have a special version of the Country Bears where they sing xmas music and have different outfits. I actually like it better than the normal show.

The only bad side of going at that time of the year is that is that it might be a little too cold for water parks which I love. When I was there it actually went below 50 at night. I remember after I got soaked on splash mountain I was freezing the rest of the night.

Upvote 0

NadieMasK2

Original Poster
helliker said:
It is also worth mentioning that they have a special version of the Country Bears where they sing xmas music and have different outfits. I actually like it better than the normal show.

That's cool. We'll have to check that out. We have skipped the Country Bears the last few trips because the kids are bored with it. I've been wanting to see them anyway!

I didn't think about Splash at night with the cooler temps. That will be interesting!

Upvote 0

Donfan

All you folks who are going there over the Christmas season be sure to go to EPCOT. The decorations are exceptional and be sure to take in the Candlelight Processional. It is truly unique to EPCOT and one of the best Christmas experiences around. If you time it right and get the dinner package, you get good seating so that you don't have to stand in the back to watch. Check out the list of narrators that are available and pick a night that will have someone you are interested in seeing. You will really enjoy it.

Upvote 0

col

i want to go and see jim caviezel and john stamos but would i have to book a dinner reservation to watch the show even though i know my park ticket will give me access to epcot.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Just so you know....anyone who will be there one Christmas day and you need to make an advance dining reservation, Monday Sept 26 is your 90 day out mark.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom