Disney as a gift

jaimjaim25

Original Poster
Well my sister knows that we are going to WDW in May, but what she doesnt know is that I bought her 5 day hopper passes to suprise her with 3 days before we go, when I give her the tickets at her college graduation party! YAY! She is going to be SO suprised! I can't wait to see her reaction. Since, she has no money right now after living at college for 4 years, this is going to be a great gift!!! She was depening on her graduation gift money to use and there would be no doubt that it would all be gone after our week of Disney fun.. but now she can save that extra $300 that she didnt have to buy on tickets!
And at least buy me dinner there! lol

homer424

Cool! I bet she will be thrilled! My mom gave me a trip to WDW as an 8th grade graduation gift. The thing was, when I graduated if got second honors, my mom would get me the Mickey Mouse phone I wanted for years. Turns out, I graduated second in our class-2 points from valedictorian (who was my best friend-everyone thought we cheated off each other-lol). I was working my butt off so hard for that phone I did better than I had to. LOL So my mom (she was a huge Disney freak) decided that it was a big accomplishment and I needed something really good. She gave me a card and it read something like"I didn;t get you the phone, but I got you something that will let you talk to Mickey in person" and I remember like it was yesterday, looking up and my mom holding plane tickets. I think the people down the street heard me shriek! Hehe

Donna
ps-we are practically neighbors! I live on the border of Middlesex and Union counties :) so Hi neighbor!
:wave:

DarkImage4

For my mother-in-law's birthday, my wife took her to WDW for a girl's only weekend....

I heard they had a blast....

Jersey folks all over this board....Watchung NJ here.

Dizknee_Phreek

that's so incredibly sweet of you to do for her! i honestly wish i could be there to see how she reacts! you'll have to tell us! :)

i'm actually kind of giving and getting a Disney gift this June. when my sister was a senior in h.s., mom and dad let her take a friend with her. so now that i'm a senior in h.s., i get to take a friend. it sort of my graduation present, i guess. same goes for my friend, cuz my parents are paying her way, mostly. but, my friend and i were talking the other day about Disney, and i mentioned the restaurant in the castle, and she was blown away (as most people are who have never been to Disney) and she told me she really wanted to eat there. so i mentioned it to mom and dad and we're going to try to get reservations for a character breakfast! my friend absolutely loves Sleeping Beauty, so i'm hoping she'll make an appearance! i thought about telling her about us trying to get reservations, but i've decided to try to keep it secret up until we get to WDW. it's gonna be SO hard, cuz i'm gonna be chompin at the bit to tell her, but i think it'll be more fun this way :D

wdwforus

Originally posted by jaimjaim25
well i should have said at the end... Anyone else get or give a gift of disney?

For our next trip we are trying to decide if we should make it our Xmas or go during April like we would normally. Not sure how the kids would react to not having many gifts to open in exchange for 7 nights a WDW. I know I would love it but we might have to burst the Santa bubble in order to pull it off. Decisions...decisions.

wdwforus

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
that's so incredibly sweet of you to do for her! i honestly wish i could be there to see how she reacts! you'll have to tell us! :)

i'm actually kind of giving and getting a Disney gift this June. when my sister was a senior in h.s., mom and dad let her take a friend with her. so now that i'm a senior in h.s., i get to take a friend. it sort of my graduation present, i guess. same goes for my friend, cuz my parents are paying her way, mostly. but, my friend and i were talking the other day about Disney, and i mentioned the restaurant in the castle, and she was blown away (as most people are who have never been to Disney) and she told me she really wanted to eat there. so i mentioned it to mom and dad and we're going to try to get reservations for a character breakfast! my friend absolutely loves Sleeping Beauty, so i'm hoping she'll make an appearance! i thought about telling her about us trying to get reservations, but i've decided to try to keep it secret up until we get to WDW. it's gonna be SO hard, cuz i'm gonna be chompin at the bit to tell her, but i think it'll be more fun this way :D

Both my brother and sister got to take boyfriends or girlfriends during our trips when I was in school but they never let me take anyone:( Oh well the time my sis took her boyfriend we spent a ton of time in the arcade at the Contemp and hung out alot. It totally pis...ed her off!

jaimjaim25

Original Poster
Originally posted by homer424
Cool! I bet she will be thrilled! My mom gave me a trip to WDW as an 8th grade graduation gift. The thing was, when I graduated if got second honors, my mom would get me the Mickey Mouse phone I wanted for years. Turns out, I graduated second in our class-2 points from valedictorian (who was my best friend-everyone thought we cheated off each other-lol). I was working my butt off so hard for that phone I did better than I had to. LOL So my mom (she was a huge Disney freak) decided that it was a big accomplishment and I needed something really good. She gave me a card and it read something like"I didn;t get you the phone, but I got you something that will let you talk to Mickey in person" and I remember like it was yesterday, looking up and my mom holding plane tickets. I think the people down the street heard me shriek! Hehe

Donna
ps-we are practically neighbors! I live on the border of Middlesex and Union counties :) so Hi neighbor!
:wave:

Oh thats cool! HI Neighbor! :) I live in Garwood. If you dont know where that is, then Ill say Westfield, since I live 2 blocks away from Westfield...

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by wdwforus
For our next trip we are trying to decide if we should make it our Xmas or go during April like we would normally. Not sure how the kids would react to not having many gifts to open in exchange for 7 nights a WDW. I know I would love it but we might have to burst the Santa bubble in order to pull it off. Decisions...decisions.

how old are your kids? that could be the variable. or you could tell them that Santa personally invited you all to see him while he's taking a short break in Disney (they have Santa and Mrs. Clause in a meet n' greet session at American Adventure....plus, different holiday spokespeople in the different countries based on the certain cultures) you might still could pull it off without resorting to 'bursting the Santa bubble'. i would definately recommend going during the holidays! i've been several times, and it's certainly worth it!

wdwforus

My 2 girls are 8 and 6 at this very moment....lol. My wife is due in Aug with a boy!!! We probably wont go until he is at least 18 months. Which would be April, 2005 but were contemplating a Xmas 2004 visit so that the girls(and myself) wouldnt have to wait so long.When we went last April we spent 3 days at MK, 1 at MGM, half a day at AK, and about 3 hours at Epcot so we still have alot to do. I have been pricing a 7 night stay at an AS resort. We would love to go again soon but the funding isnt there yet.

kennyj29

50th birthday

For my husband's 50th Birthday, I surprised him with the Disney Cruise/magic kingdom week. We went with friends. He opened the gift and the plane tickets fell out and the first one he picked up was mine. He looked at it and said "Your're going to Disney? We laughed at that so hard. It was his birthday and he thought I was going to Disney by myself, his ticket fell on the floor!!! Anyway he said he couldn't go because he didn't give his boss his vacation week. I told him that was all taken care of. We left a week later and he told me he never was so surprised in his life and he only had to wait one week after he found out@!@!!@! There is nothing like giving Disney as a gift. The face of the person getting it will last you a life time!!!!!!!!!!!

Nansafan

We have this thing we started doing a few years ago and that is naming our trips. My brother is a computer programmer and on his home computer has this awesome video editing software. He takes the vacation videos and turns them into Academy Award winning productions with credits, outtakes and a premier. This is why we need a title. In 2001, we had been for our annual summer trip. "Going Home: A Polynesian Adventure in Walt Disney World." Our neices were with us. At the end of the movie a screen came up that said "Coming Soon!!! WDW 2001: A Holiday Celebration Starring..." Starring were my brother, son and cousin. After a few seconds up popped my 2 neices names. This is how we surprised them with a Christmas trip. At first they didn't realize what it meant. When they looked around at their parents, they realized they were going to WDW and the screaming commenced.

wild01ride

My parents have generously invited me and my girlfriend (soon to be fiancee!) to accompany them in Feb. '04 to enjoy a week at the Boardwalk. I have been to WDW numerous times but my girlfriend has only been to Disneyland Paris for a day and that's it. Needless to say, she hasn't had much Disney exposure.
Anyway, she doesn't know of the trip yet, but I am going to suprise her with the plans on her birthday in May. As my contribution, I am going to give her a toy plane (ha!) to symbolize that I'm going to pick up her plane ticket so that all she has to worry about is spending money for souvenirs, etc. (and yes, hopefully a dinner for me! :animwink: )
I think that we will be going to see "La Nouba" while we are there (will be my second time and I can't wait!!) If we do get tickets, I think that I will be giving her hers for Christmas 2003, just a month and a half before our trip. Feb. sounds like a long way away, but we originally made plans this past December and we're already half way through April!

I am so excited to share the Disney magic by giving it to someone as a gift!

To all the parents out there: exposing me to Disney was the most cherished gift that my grandparents and parents have ever given me. Don't hesitate! I have gone to Disney several times between the ages of about five and twenty three and have enjoyed the Disney magic in a different but equally extraordinary way every time. The memories will last a lifetime!

flounder

W O W . . .

:sohappy: What a nice surprise. Our son took my husband and I to WDW last November for Thanksgiving for a 10 day paid vacation and it was without a doubt the BEST vacation we ever had. The memories are countless and will last a lifetime! Now the only problem is that I am really HOOKED!! It is such a magical place and a vacation that can be repeated over and over again and the magic never stops! Hope that you have a wonderful time!! :sohappy:
P.S. Oh and by the way. . .we are headed back for a repeat vacation in September! YEAH!! Disney Dreams all. . .

lildivaaa

It's so nice to hear about these type of surprises. I had a chance to do something similar for my Mother in January 2002. As a Christmas present for her in 2001, I presented her with a Mother & Son weekend at WDW. No one else, just me and my mom.

I felt after 30+ years of love, support and giving she's done for me, it was the least I could do for her to treat her to a weekend getaway...just the two of us.

We had a great time. The very first night there, we attended the Luau at the Polynesian Resort....to which my Mother thought she was in Heaven!! We then made our way through all 4 parks in 2 days!! I didn't know my mom had it in her!

In any case, the whole trip was great for both of us. With my Father passing away just a couple of years prior, I really wanted my Mother to realize that there is still alot of life left to live to the fullest. My dad would have wanted that for her....so I made sure that it happened.

Craig - Atlanta, Ga

EmeraldDolphin

My birthday is next month! I would love a WDW trip as a gift!! :D

In '97 when my hubby & our 3 kids went to WDW, we treated my sister from OR a trip there to meet us! It was fun... she had never been to WDW, and probably will never get there again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom