Disney area rental homes- Answers

Steve B

Original Poster
There seems to be a lot of confusion about renting homes near Disney. I just bought a 3 bedroom townhouse in Emerald Island. I did a lot of research, so I thought I would share some of the things I found. I hope it is helpful, and please contact me for information about renting my house!

Management companies- There are hundreds of companies in the area. Some own their own homes and rent them, some just rent and manage other people's homes. Others do both. The companies charge a commission to the owner on all bookings. So, I think you will get a better rate if you try and book through an owner directly. You will also be guaranteed that the house you are looking at is the one you will be staying in.

Communities- There are so many communities out there. It was tough to decide on which ones to look at, but I had a good realtor. Emerald Island stood out among the rest, so I bought there. The grounds were well maintained, the townhouses are well constructed (Park Square Homes), and the amenities are great. There are a lot of communities close to Disney, but I liked how Emerald Island was constructed among conservation land, and it feels secluded. Other communities feel like a bulldozer came in and leveled everything.

Route 429- As you probably know, Disney is building a new Western entrance off the new 429 loop. This will pass through RT192, and near Emerald Island, amking it even more convenient to get to Disney.

I didn't want this to sound like an Emerald Island ad, but I spent a lot of time researching this and Emerald Island came out #1, especially for townhouses.

I will try to answer any questions. I would also like to hear feedback concerning Emerald Island.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Thanks for the info.

What was the reason for your purchase - Did you buy as an investment (ie rental income & is that income guaranteed) or other reason ??

Steve B

Original Poster
Why I bought

I bought because I have two young daughters (4 & 2), and I anticpate making many trips to Disney. My wife and I love it there , and so do my parents. My parents are nearing retirement, and will probably spend a lot of time there during the winters (from Boston).

I do not expect to make a ton of money from renting, but I do plan on making enough to allow my family to make 2-3 trips per year, rather than the 1 we could afford otherwise.

So far, so good. In 2006, I have 1 week available in April, otherwise I am booked Jan through April, and parts of May.

I like these Disney discussion boards, not only because I am very interested in Disney, but I want to attract other Disney fanatics to my home. I want to build a group of guests that will keep coming back to my home, so I don't have to rent to strangers.

Steve

DISMUM

Re the 429 .
The entrance to Disney from this road will only be of use to those coming south as the road will exit from reedy creek improvement road south to coronado springs (see map)
so to go from 192 you will have to go north then south again .
There is a road in the planing stage that will go from 27 n across from there to disney bit that will help those communities on 27 n and a road that will go from Avalon on 192 south towards the davenport area that will cut a lot of time off getting to the parks for those communities on 27 s

http://www.dot.state.fl.us/turnpikepio/pdfs/westernbeltway.pdf

suerudge

Hi
we have booked to go to a house in emerald island can you tell me what the site is like.
I know it has a community room but does this have a licenced bar that we can go to.

sue going in july:sohappy:

DISMUM

HR a golfing community on highway27 .Nice homes and a good position .Close to Publix super market.A short Drive from 192 where you can use Sherberth Road to get to the Disney parks.

WDWPrnces02

ive been looking at rental homes in that area....

Hopefully by this time next year ill be living in orlando........untill then im shoping around....Any advice you could give me about moving into a home thats reasonable, would be helpful.....

TTFN...

mtownmagic

DISMUM said:
HR a golfing community on highway27 .Nice homes and a good position .Close to Publix super market.A short Drive from 192 where you can use Sherberth Road to get to the Disney parks.

Thanks dismum! One more question(s), do you know if a shuttle will be available from the community & if they have tickets i can purchase?

DISMUM

HL is just across the road from HR and is also a nice community with good access to the parks either by I-4 or 192 and Sherberth Road

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom