Disney announces the return of Disney Cruise Line voyages from Florida in August

rio

First reply! But seriously - is Disney the only cruise line making levying a financial burden on the guest if they are not vaccinated? Carnival doesn't, and Norwegian is suing Florida for not allowing them to deny unvaccinated cruisers.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Emails being sent out this morning.

Dear XXX,
All of us at Disney Cruise Line hope you and your family are staying well. Today, Disney Cruise Line announced plans to resume sailing from the US beginning with the August 9, 2021, sailing of the Disney Dream from Port Canaveral.

As we welcome Guests aboard our ships, the health and safety of our Guests, Cast Members and Crew Members is a top priority. We are resuming sailing in a gradual, phased approach that emphasizes multiple layers of health and safety measures, developed in consideration of guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other medical experts.

As you prepare for your sailing, we want to share some important information about COVID-19 testing requirements and helpful information to make the most of your sailing.

COVID-19 Vaccination:

Disney Cruise Line strongly encourages all eligible Guests to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before sailing. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination in order to be exempt from the pre-trip and embarkation COVID-19 testing and travel insurance requirements mentioned below.

Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing:

Guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (paid for at the Guests’ expense) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the sail date. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination instead of undergoing COVID19 pre-trip testing.

Embarkation COVID-19 Testing:

Guests are required to undergo a rapid PCR COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to boarding. A $65 test fee will be charged to the folio of all Guests 12 years and older. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination instead of undergoing COVID-19 embarkation testing.

Safe Passage by Inspire Diagnostics Website:

In order to sail, every adult Guest must individually create an account with Inspire Diagnostics, a third-party provider, for COVID-19 testing and vaccination verification. Beginning no sooner than 33 days prior to sailing, each adult Guest must log in to the Safe Passage website, by Inspire Diagnostics and create an online account associated with their reservation. Parents and legal guardians must create accounts on behalf of minors.

It is recommended that Guests bring their negative COVID-19 PCR test result or vaccination card showing the final dose was administered at least 14 days before sailing with them for embarkation.

Travel Insurance:

For cruises departing from Florida through December 31, 2021, Guests 12 years or older must provide proof of a valid travel insurance policy that has a minimum of $10,000 per person in medical expense coverage and $30,000 coverage for emergency medical evacuation and no COVID-19 exclusions. The policy must name the Guest as the policy holder or beneficiary and may be purchased from the Guests’ preferred travel insurance provider or through the Disney Cruise LineVacation Protection Program, which includes the requisite coverage and provides other benefits for travel protection. Guests that purchase insurance from a provider other than Disney Cruise Line will need to provide proof of the insurance policy, showing the name of each of the covered Guest(s) and a description of the coverage in the policy to Inspire prior to receiving clearance to sail. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination instead of obtaining travel insurance.

To learn more about how to provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 PCR test result, please visit: Before Leaving Home: Know Before You Go.

While our cruise experience may have changed a bit, we’ve come up with new and exciting offerings to create magical memories together—tailored to our times and presented with all the care you’ve come to expect from Disney Cruise Line. From original live shows inside the lavish Walt Disney Theatre to innovative new ways to see and interact with Disney Characters throughout the ship, storytelling springs to life on a Disney cruise.

My Plans:

Download the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app or go online to make advance reservations that are necessary for participating in youth activities or reserve premium experiences like beverage tastings and dinner at Palo. You’ll be able to reserve these experiences once your reservation is paid in full and you are within your Castaway Club booking window. At this time, we are still finalizing some of the onboard activity offerings and Port Adventures for your sailing and encourage you to continue checking back as new inventory becomes available.

Online Check-in:

You must complete Online Check-in prior to your sailing and may do so beginning 30 days prior to your sailing. You will need to submit the required documents as well as select a Port Arrival Time. All Guests, including our Platinum Castaway Club Guests, will need to select a Port Arrival Time. Guests arriving prior to their selected arrival time will be asked to return at the appropriate time. Online check-in can be completed or modified up to one day prior to sailing.

Please be sure to review the information available in the Know Before You Go section of our website for answers to many frequently asked questions.

Disney Dream Guests sailing through March 28, 2022 may modify their sail date or cancel their sailing and receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees back to the original form of payment by contacting your travel agent by August 6, 2021. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply for any cancellation requests received on or after August 7, 2021.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon. Together we can find new ways to create magical moments and memories for your family to treasure.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So for a family of 4, with no traveler under 12 years old, who choose to go on a Disney cruise unvaccinated, they will be paying

$860 in testing fees plus travel insurance which is 8% of the cost of the trip ($350+).

Versus a free shot.
Futurama Reaction GIF

MorphinePrince

Exciting news!! Nice to see some of the onboard experiences are returning in a modified format.
Looking at September 2022 to celebrate an anniversary with our first cruise.

Caribbean 3-4 day for 2 Floridians - ya think under $5K-ish?
My fiance (and soon to be husband) are thinking of doing the same thing next year for the honeymoon. He's never been on a cruise...ever 😱 So naturally, I want his first cruise experience to be on DCL 😂

fngoofy

So for a family of 4, with no traveler under 12 years old, who choose to go on a Disney cruise unvaccinated, they will be paying

$860 in testing fees plus travel insurance which is 8% of the cost of the trip ($350+).

Versus a free shot.
There's a potential up-charge you missed for "a family of 4, with no traveler under 12 years old, who choose to go on a Disney cruise unvaccinated."
They may be asked to pay with one of their lives. I know, I know, that's why we all have two kids and two parents in the family. It's the redundancy factor.
But I only point it out because there are potential hidden fees in addition to this potential near-term cost.

There's a greater chance of a more serious variant developing the more times this virus gets passed through humans.
SO, long term, we all may be asked to pay this up-charge (and here's the kicker) EVEN IF WE DIDN'T GO ON A CRUISE OR VIST A PARK!
It's a mad, mad, world we live in.

You are absolutely correct that the free shot (or as I like to call it, subcutaneous travel insurance) is the way to go.
I wish I could get inoculated with a free room at the Poly, but that only prevents tiki withdrawals, and those don't seem to be covered under this plan.

CaptainAmerica

Vaccinated people need to follow mask policy or their stay will be an unpleasant one.
Obviously.

I think this is a stupid policy, but Disney is free to set whatever policies they want, including ones I think are stupid. Anyone who agrees to the terms of passage should follow those policies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom