Disney announces a new Four Seasons Luxury Resort and Golf Community

MAYNARDS99

Yes, easy to make the FS exclusive...

I imagine the FS will use several ways to keep their resort exclusive.
1. No bus service to the resort, if there is water transportation a resort ID will need to be used to gain access to the dock.
2. No self parking at resort, all vehicles will be charged a valet parking fee.
3. Suggested dress code (no shorts, t-shirts or flip flops after 5PM) just like the Ritz-Carlton at Grande Lakes.
4. Gated access to the pool, just like the FS atop the Mandalay Bay hotel in Vegas.
5. Restrict all baby carriages to the lobby only, as the Bellagio in Vegas does.

All this and no "damage" to the family friendly Disney name.

PS I can't wait to stay at the FS!

jmuboy

I thought a lot about this new resort and the Western Way project. The Western Way project I hate. Sorry, just how I feel. Not going to complain about it. Just don't like it. I'll just pretend it does not exist since it will be built "outside the WDW entry arch" even though it's still on Disney owned land.

As for the FS resort, this might not be a bad thing. It's tucked away in a very quiet unused end of the resort. Adding a FS hotel back there won't really add that much traffic to this corner of the world. This set up will also be like the Swan and Dolphin - nice hotel in the middle of the magic, just not owned by Disney. And, as many people have said, Disney can - but has chosen not to - operate a luxury hotel on property. The GF is very nice, but pales when compared to the FS.

Now, this has made me think about something else. What if Disney added a "Luxury Resort" category to their hotel listing. This would be one step ABOVE the Deluxe category and would include the FS and the GF. The GF would get a room renovation (I think this is already planned - with flat screen TVs, etc) and a TOTAL OVERHAUL of their service standards. As for the GF, golf courses and a spa are already right there. This is what I would do if I was Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom