Disney Animation lost Treasure (Part III)

Jacques Muller

Original Poster
Well given the amount of responses compared to other threads, it seems that not very many people out there seem at all concerned about the death of Disney Animation in the grand tradition. I guess Mr Eisner and his minions have got a bright futur still ahead of them, selling their garbage in the name of uncle Walt. Since nobody seems to like caviar, just stuff them with dog food! You'll make millions anyway!
As for me, I'm sorry, I continue to hold the highest admiration for Walt the man, and the deepest dislike of "Eisner & Co". Once I visited Alcatraz; there I saw a picture of Al Capone; his face looked familiar; I knew I saw these eyes somewhere else; now, I know : Michael Eisner has the same eyes!

Jacques Muller

Walt created the bar of soap, Mr eisner just made foam with it!

SirNim

Originally posted by Jacques Muller
Walt created the bar of soap, Mr eisner just made foam with it!
I like that!!:D

However, you bring up an interesting point - people don't care about what it is so long as they have it - with the caviar and dog food. It's not really that people want to have "dog food" but really that they've been fed so long with "dog food" it's the only thing they know and can identify with as being "quality". The grand tradition of animation (Walt Disney Feature...), I hope, is taking a hiatus, just a hiatus. If not, then, well, get ready. I don't think there has been that much of a hiatus however. Going back to the Lion King, and even Mulan, among others, I thought they were done in grand style. Let us wait just a little bit longer, however. Lets see what the near future holds in store for WDFA.:)

MKCustodial

Actually, Mr. Muller, I did read both previous installments and I do think it's great to have an inside source voicing the exact same fears and concerns us fans portray. We can only hope that, now that Eisner's creative juices (sic) have gotten to a sad end, Disney will quickly find someone who's more true to what Walt created this great company for. In one short word: MAGIC.

Jacques Muller

Original Poster
Disney Animation Lost Treasure (reply)

Well, gentlemen, thanks for your courteous replies; at last some people who care about the essential; Yes all this world of Magic was built upon the phenomenal success of the grand Disney Animation; yes, as a former Roger Rabbit animator and Disney Manager, I have kept inside informations on what is going on behind the curtain; well, it's not pretty!; they are dumping 85% of their wonderful classical animation facility; costs too much apparently; but those thousands of lawyers on the main lot, they don't cost too much!; it was a signal, back in 1984, when the new management took over; the 1st thing they did was to kick out the animators from the main lot ( the soul of the studio) and to dump them in whearhouses near the railway tracks in Glendale'sindustrial zone; this much for consideration; I have seen a 40 year veteran being thanked with a TV cell!!! How nice!
Anyway, I admire your positive attitude and hope for Disney Animation; my 2 cents opinion on this : it would be good first, to kick out Mr Eisner; it would certainly be a good start!; then to put in charge someone who love the medium and understand and respect the artists and who would let them flourish. Mr Disney certainly did (even he he could be rough on them )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom