Disney and McDonald's

Which Fast Food Chain would you like to see Disney create a new relationship with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rodkenrich

Original Poster
Recently, McDonald's Cheif Marketing Officer announced that there will be changes to the Disney partnership, but that the company's future with McDonald's remains intact. I understand that Disney and McDonald's are going to work on terms of the next agreement. McDonald's still has about a couple years left on the 10-year agreement, but the two companies confirmed they are in discussions about the structure of the remaining deal. My inclination is, should a fallout occur between Disney and McDonald's, which fast food restaurant chain would you like Disney to create a new relationship with?

ogryn

I think the deal needs to be worldwide, and out of all those options, we only have BK, KFC and Subway over here. With BK probably the biggest and therefore favourite.

barnum42

How about "none of the above".

I can get a take away from a generic fast food outlet pretty much anywhere. I like to see new things on holiday

DisneyFan 2000

I say, no deal what-so-ever! Disney doesn't need to remind you that there's a real world out there. IMO McDonalds shouldn't have been in the parks from the start. I say, Disney flys solo! :animwink:

HMGhost13

i say keep it as is with McD's.

then again i work at McD's and enjoy the benefits lol

but still, they seem to have a good relationship going: McD's promotes Disney, Disney promotes McD's.

sure any other restauraunt would get that but why ruin a good thing going you know?

wannab@dis

DisneyFan 2000 said:
I say, no deal what-so-ever! Disney doesn't need to remind you that there's a real world out there. IMO McDonalds shouldn't have been in the parks from the start. I say, Disney flys solo! :animwink:

I would say they would need to think more about the movie tie-ins with the happy meals and advertising that McD's does than the fry stands in WDW. I believe that's what the deal is mostly about.

ToTBellHop

DisneyFan 2000 said:
never mind the fact that McDonald's paid for pretty much all of Dinoland, USA? I think if I paid that much money, I would want you selling my fries at a few locations in your parks, too.

General Grizz

HA! I was thinking more of Pirates of the Caribbean merchandise at Caribbean Plaza.

Perhaps this can be another off Disney. You know. . .if they kept these toys on hold. Something to show that management needs to be changed in every direction.

barnum42

ISTCNavigator57 said:
never mind the fact that McDonald's paid for pretty much all of Dinoland, USA? I think if I paid that much money, I would want you selling my fries at a few locations in your parks, too.
Well, at least there is symmetry there between crap food and a crap themed land. :lol:

lebernadin

barnum42 said:
How about "none of the above".

I can get a take away from a generic fast food outlet pretty much anywhere. I like to see new things on holiday

I agree, and in an ideal situation i wouldn't allow outside vendors either, with DTD being the exception, but only for full service and not counter.

The problem is, Disney follows a business model that panders to outside sponsorship deals to keep itself afloat. So while i'd like to see the 2 McDonald's and the camoflaged one in Dinoland dissapear, they paid for a hefty chunk of the AK's bottom line project total.

I don't have any preferences to whichever may replace McDonald's because i won't be eating in those either. But i would think it would be an internationally recognized brand like McDonald's.

DisneyFan 2000

ISTCNavigator57 said:

Sponsors are fine. Leave it as that. It's bad enough that in the queue for CTX they tell how wonderful McDonalds is, they don't need to sell everywhere in WDW. Just my opinion. :animwink:

MagicKingdomGuy

HMGhost13 said:
i say keep it as is with McD's.

then again i work at McD's and enjoy the benefits lol

but still, they seem to have a good relationship going: McD's promotes Disney, Disney promotes McD's.

sure any other restauraunt would get that but why ruin a good thing going you know?

I could not agree more!

Some of the top American companies are Disney and McDonalds, while McDonalds may not be that healthy of a choice, it is still (I think) a company, like Disney, that personify's America.

Enderikari

I think everyone "In the Know" can appreciate a link between Disney and Subway... especially in the parks....

:lookaroun :animwink:

wdwmaniac

I would like to see Disney and Mcdonalds stay together or it would be another loss for us. They have given use alot of sponsership for rides. But if a fallout happens it will be Burger King but probably YUM Brands. (KFC, Taco Bell, AW, Long John Silvers, and Pizza Hut).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom