DISNEY AND ABC LEVERAGE

copcarguyp71

Well...you would have to commit to an hour or more of your day, not be able to leave in the middle of it, not have any crying or noisy children....not exactly a demographic the parks are known for.

dreamfinder

Didnt they do live audiences there before?

They did. Taped The New Mickey Mouse Club there for a while back when Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears were in the cast. Problem with most tv/movie work is you need enough work at a given place to sustain cast/crew and convincing talent to relocate to Orlando was apparently a tough sell.

Matt_Black

They did. Taped The New Mickey Mouse Club there for a while back when Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears were in the cast. Problem with most tv/movie work is you need enough work at a given place to sustain cast/crew and convincing talent to relocate to Orlando was apparently a tough sell.

There was also the infamous World Championship Wrestling tapings which... We wrestling fans don't talk about. In fact, what is this "WCW" of which you speak? Move along!

Mista C

In 1991 I was walking back by the ABC Commissary and I got pulled into a live taping of the tv show "Body by Jake" which was a syndicated workout/fitness show that aired in the late 80's and early 90's. I must say, it was pretty cool being in a live studio audience, and it's one of my most memorable experiences at MGM. Every trip after that I always looked for a live taping of some sort, but never saw another one again.

Cmdr_Crimson

You would know when they filmed or videotaped it when they showed these two closing tags on tv...
GW258H194
GW262H196

SAV

Hah...best line in that video:

Tony: "We're not gonna have any midget clowns here...". Jesse: "We got a midget clown broadcasting with me".

Just classic Ventura on commentary.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
it would be exciting to have live shows with audiences there. It would bring life to the DHS, don't they also own the cable cooking channel content?

SparerCascade

They had ESPN The Weekend there for a number of years (Don't remember exactly how many). I think that was ended recently. That was live TV in DHS too, but never really seemed that big of a draw.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
They had ESPN The Weekend there for a number of years (Don't remember exactly how many). I think that was ended recently. That was live TV in DHS too, but never really seemed that big of a draw.

ESPN host are not all known by a wide variety of people, its specialized to the sports fan. A TV talk show etc the names are bigger and the shows have wider appeal.

ULPO46

Remember Millionaire I miss that attraction it was always fun to go and play. I remember they filmed a few live shows in there from time to time. But it became Midway Mania instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom