DISNEY AND ABC LEVERAGE

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
why doesn't disney insert more of their TV presence in DHS? I mean they have numerous TV shows that could be done there live with a studio audience. I know the CHEW will be shot there live during the food and wine festival at EPCOT. Why not continue that idea at DHS?

SparerCascade

In my own humble opinion. that doesn't seem very Disney. Maybe they have had somewhat similar things in the past, but I don't know if that will draw the people in. And with the rumors of big changes coming it may not be worth it.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
In my own humble opinion. that doesn't seem very Disney. Maybe they have had somewhat similar things in the past, but I don't know if that will draw the people in. And with the rumors of big changes coming it may not be worth it.

I mean with the animation studio gone maybe they could concentrate on the TV side for that live active studio feel.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster

are there any indications of what the big changes will be?

SparerCascade

are there any indications of what the big changes will be?

Here is the link to a discussion on this site about changes to DHS: Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure.

And a link to the article that previous discussion link references: DHS Article from The Infamous.

I am no expert or insider so I can't speak to much else besides those rumors and discussions I have read on here. There's a lot of neat ideas being thrown around out there (e.g., Pixar, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.). Hopefully big changes for the better will be coming.

WDWVolFan

why doesn't disney insert more of their TV presence in DHS? I mean they have numerous TV shows that could be done there live with a studio audience. I know the CHEW will be shot there live during the food and wine festival at EPCOT. Why not continue that idea at DHS?

I would love to have an adult attraction like Castle where you follow the clues to solve a murder.

Cmdr_Crimson

They do...It's a counter service restaurant....
dining_location_image_427.jpg

And not a good one at that
about-to-vomit.gif
....Their food is about as bad as some of their shows..At one point their meals were themed to said shows that were airing..
93256915.NMz0yh6n.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There are some indications that the new black box theatre that is under construction will have provisions for this sort of thing.

Matt_Black

I think because TV gets less of an audience than films. And TV doesn't always stick in the popular consciousness the way films do. Lost WAS popular, for instance, but building an attraction or something now probably wouldn't be a big draw.

J_Krafty24

Actors dont want to deal with the general public. Most live studio audiences for scripted tv shows are actually hired from a special pool of people who have passed background checks.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Actors dont want to deal with the general public. Most live studio audiences for scripted tv shows are actually hired from a special pool of people who have passed background checks.

Not entirely true, I have attended many Letterman shows, all I did is sent for tickets and showed up, waited in line and I was in. Nothing exclusive for certain people etc.
There are some indications that the new black box theatre that is under construction will have provisions for this sort of thing.

That would be great

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom