Disney and a shuttle launch

jazcatsnh

Original Poster
Question for you all. Does anyone know if you can see a shuttle or other launch from Cape Canaveral while at Disney? There is a planned shuttle launch while we are down there and it would be great to be able to see the trail going up from the shuttle.

Let me know if anyone has seen it from here and where to see it best from (what hotel etc.).

Thanks a lot

markymark

Yes you can. Someone actually posted a picture of a shuttle launch over the top of the Contemporary Resort. I cant find it though! Maybe it was on the old forum.

markymark

Hey, I found it. It was on the old board. Hope I don't get into trouble for copying it over.

Attachments

• post-8-19-shuttlecomtemp[1].jpg
    post-8-19-shuttlecomtemp[1].jpg
    4 KB · Views: 148

Seano846

Originally posted by jazcatsnh
Question for you all. Does anyone know if you can see a shuttle or other launch from Cape Canaveral while at Disney? There is a planned shuttle launch while we are down there and it would be great to be able to see the trail going up from the shuttle.

Let me know if anyone has seen it from here and where to see it best from (what hotel etc.).

Thanks a lot

What is the date of the launch?

MISS MINNIE

Can you go into the Contemporary if you are staying at another disney hotel.

We will be there on 5 August and would love to see it from Disney

wow

15 days to go yiiipppee:D :eek:

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by MISS MINNIE
Can you go into the Contemporary if you are staying at another disney hotel.

We will be there on 5 August and would love to see it from Disney

wow

15 days to go yiiipppee:D :eek:

You can go into any Disney Resort as long as you are a guest at one of them. The only exception is Animal Kingdom Lodge. The only way in there is if you're actually staying there or have a meal reservation.

jazcatsnh

Original Poster
Disney Freak and Miss Minnie

I just heard that changed at Animal Kingdom Lodge also. You can now just visit the lodge even if you are not staying there or have no dinner reservation.

Hope that helps.

WDW-Imagineer

I've always wanted to see a shuttle launch. But hell, if I'm in Orlando the day there is a launch, I'm gonna drive to Cape Canaveral and see it from only a few miles away (the max. distance you can be...I think its 3 miles). I hope to go to KSC next time I go to WDW, even if there isn't a launch.

markymark

We saw a launch a few years ago. Instead of going to Cape Canaveral we spent the day at Cocoa Beech. It was fantastic. The launch time was about 3.00pm and juts before, the beech filled up with everyone looking towards Kennedy SC.
Admitedly we were still quite a distance away, but there is nothing like seeing the shuttle hurtling towards space. The wierdest thing was when the sound of the launch hit us a few minutes later.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by markymark
We saw a launch a few years ago. Instead of going to Cape Canaveral we spent the day at Cocoa Beech. It was fantastic. The launch time was about 3.00pm and juts before, the beech filled up with everyone looking towards Kennedy SC.
Admitedly we were still quite a distance away, but there is nothing like seeing the shuttle hurtling towards space. The wierdest thing was when the sound of the launch hit us a few minutes later.

Yeah... I heard that when it lands, you can here the two sonic booms of it breaking the sound barrier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom