Disney alienates 90% of their guests......What is going on?

eliza61nyc

Actually, low interest rates tend to result in more inflation because low interest rates means there is a growing money supply. This is under the quantity theory of money. There are many economic theories and and all are true or false if we cut out certain time periods to prove our case. Then if we research we will find The higher the inflation rate, the more interest rates are likely to rise. All I know for the most part no matter what some people say about the middle class being squeezed is that my wife are living better now than we=did 25 years ago.
Yep

Plowboy

There's an old saying. "You get what you pay for". I think everybody has different expectations. Folks with kids want/expect different things than older people. Folks who haven't been to WDW before or are returning for the second or third time want/expect different things than people who have been 15 or 20 times. As retirees who've been to WDW more times than I can remember we have different likes/dislikes than younger folks. Yes, we enjoy renting DVC points and staying at a deluxe resort as much as the next family, but we've also stayed at Pop and All Stars many times. It's all about what you are happy with. All that being said, I will admit I am quite concerned about where Mr. Chapek and TDO are taking the WDW business model. The topics listed by the OP only scratch the surface. I'm amazed at what meal costs have done. As an example, I remember being able to go to the Biergarten not that long ago and getting out for under $100 for 2 persons (meal, drinks & tip). I'm sure in October I'll be paying $140-$150 for the same meal. Will we enjoy it? Yes. Will I be happy about it? No. Most likely we'll make it up by cutting out something somewhere else. We have begun shaving a day or 2 off our trips the last couple of years. Paying more for less only lasts for so long. While Messrs. Disney were certainly businessmen I have to think they are spinning right about now.

Got home about 10 days ago. All in all we had a good time, but it's getting harder at our age to handle the 90 degree heat we had while we were there.
I made a prediction of sorts in my quoted post (see above) about the cost of dinner at Biergarten and it turned out to be pretty much spot on. $141.29.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

drizgirl

Got home about 10 days ago. All in all we had a good time, but it's getting harder at our age to handle the 90 degree heat we had while we were there.
I made a prediction of sorts in my quoted post (see above) about the cost of dinner at Biergarten and it turned out to be pretty much spot on. $141.29.
What's a pesky little 40% increase between friends?

OG Runner

So attendance at Disney parks are down 90%? How do you come up with a figure of 90%?
Points for an attention grabber title and getting a discussion going, but how about starting
in the realm of reality.

Disstevefan1

We can’t argue with pure facts. A 40 percent increase.
I would ask how many years between the two visits?
And we are not getting into how the offerings have changed. Please fact check on this but I heard they are no longer serving Sauerbraten?

Lilofan

And we are not getting into how the offerings have changed. Please fact check on this but I heard they are no longer serving Sauerbraten?
No longer serving sauerbraten? That's like KFC no longer serving chicken.

Jeff4272

Original Poster
AP holders can no longer rope drop

Value and moderate can no longer do extra hours at night

Most guests dont do rope drop to benefit from EMH

That accounts for approximately 90% of all guests visiting WDW, thus WDW is alienating MOST of their guests by creating a class warfare in one way or another

LittleMerman

The Disney resorts are (mostly) beautiful and well-themed. Staying in the bubble is a lot of fun. However, it's sooo pricy and they're taking away so many benefits that I wonder if more and more people will stay off property. I wonder if Disney is hoping that people will see the high price tags and just buy into DVC? Not that DVC is cheap but it's a theory.

OG Runner

I have been on these boards for years, and I get tired of people throwing out big claims
without really backing them up. If 90% of guests have been alienated how is it that the attendance in all of the parks
is still so high? Why are just about all of the resorts reopened? I am not combative I do look at the situation logically.
Are a lot of people upset with some of the changes? Yes, I was one of them. Overall though the changes have not
alienated 90% of their guests.

Plowboy

As I sit here this morning thinking back I actually don't recall if they had Sauerbraten. I was too busy stuffing myself. It seemed to me that the salad and "cold" side of the buffet was missing several items, but the "hot" side appeared to be pretty much as it always was. As for how long between visits, I'd say approx 4 years (?). I don't recall when Disney started pricing lunches the same as dinners but it may have been around that time. We go to Biergarten every trip so after awhile some of this just runs together.

Wendy Pleakley

No, I am not combative. I have been on these boards for years, and I get tired of people throwing out big claims
without really backing them up. If 90% of guests have been alienated how is it that the attendance in all of the parks
is still so high? Why are just about all of the resorts reopened? I am not combative I do look at the situation logically.
Are a lot of people upset with some of the changes? Yes, I was one of them. Overall though the changes have not
alienated 90% of their guests.

Some people just don't understand.

They don't like the changes therefore everyone must feel the same way and anyone who feels differently is wrong.

You're also 100% correct. We hear it again and again and again that "Disney has gone too far this time" and yet, the people keep coming.

Cesar R M

ow is it that the attendance in all of the parks
is still so high? Why are just about all of the resorts reopened?
And you never wrapped your head that the ease of restrictions regarding to travel and .. you know.. the supposed big 50th anniversary?
Does not matter much if the amount of people is still less than expected that they have to initiate cutdowns again.

They don't like the changes therefore everyone must feel the same way and anyone who feels differently is wrong.

But the point of the thread was that. Almost felt everyone that the price surges were bad and were disgruntled for that.
Not that 90% of the usual visitors stopped coming for these like the poster said.

HM Spectre

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm at the point where my next trip will be significantly pared down unless positive changes are made.

My stays are typically on property with all meals on property and extras like MNSSHP added. Next time out, I'm almost certain I'll stay off property and will likely scrap the majority of in-park meals minus a handful of select breakfast/dinner choices. And there's no way I'm doing the extras. The value just isn't there.

I love being in the bubble but my recent trip was incredibly marked up vs. our last stay and the quality of the experience was down across the board (resort, perks, restaurants, parks, etc... all of it). The perks of being on property are so watered down now that I'd rather stay off and save $1K+.

They're definitely trying to get us to pay more for less. And while it seems like many people are fine with that, I'm not one of them. They've lost thousands of my dollars the next time I visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom