News 'Disney After Hours' ticketed event

Driver

Way more than you ever know.. Pop Century is nothing but a sea of cheerleaders and Brazilian tour groups. I'm pretty sure their percentage is far more greater than regular guests staying in this hotel. The food court was a huge nightmare it was like high school all over again *shudders*
Believe me I know, I see it everyday. Most if not all the events are wrapped up. Friday night they had an event for them from 10 pm to 12. And the signs that were up for some of the events have disappeared. Last night I did see a few groups but nothing like it was. I'll see how things go tonight.

Cmdr_Crimson

Believe me I know, I see it everyday. Most if not all the events are wrapped up. Friday night they had an event for them from 10 pm to 12. And the signs that were up for some of the events have disappeared. Last night I did see a few groups but nothing like it was. I'll see how things go tonight.
I've been here for the past 2 weeks and from what I seen the tour groups come in on Tuesday and are here up until Saturday. Then they vanish Without a Trace on Sunday and Monday from what I seen.

Driver

I've been here for the past 2 weeks and from what I seen the tour groups come in on Tuesday and are here up until Saturday. Then they vanish Without a Trace on Sunday and Monday from what I seen.
Yeah the turnover typically all through the year is weekends. It's a repetitive pattern. Unless you stay more than a week. I have found some of the smallest crowds on Sundays. Not every time but on the average. Tonight for example I expect a lite night.

AshaNeOmah

I remember E-ride nights at MK back in the early 2000's. Cost was $12.50 for an extra 3 hours and I think they only sold about 5,000 tickets. They did it twice a week. If I remember correctly, it was offered only to guests staying at a resort with at least a 4 day pass. It was awesome!

Did one of those in 2003. Best 3 hours of my life, maybe. (And I'm just barely kidding.) 5k people makes the Magic Kingdom basically empty. They even brought our characters to the central hub and you could request pictures with groups of characters, not just singles. Show White and all 7 Dwarfs with absolutely no wait.

Someone build me a time machine.

sporadic

This sucks for regular park goers. So they basically close early at 9 and it'll start filling up again around 7. We'll be there tomorrow and not happy at all as we like to close out the parks and enjoy the smaller evening crowds. Bad move Disney, will take my money elsewhere our next vacation.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This sucks for regular park goers. So they basically close early at 9 and it'll start filling up again around 7. We'll be there tomorrow and not happy at all as we like to close out the parks and enjoy the smaller evening crowds. Bad move Disney, will take my money elsewhere our next vacation.

The parks close at the regular time they would ordinarily close, the very definition of "After Hours." Nothing's being taken away from you.

The_Jobu

The parks usually close at 9 or 10 during "off-season" which doesnt exist anymore. But you are correct that you lose the element of thinning crowds before closing as the park will actually get busier before the boot you out with the plebs.

mikejs78

Premium Member
IMO it's simply outrageous to pay a huge premium price just to stay in the Magic Kingdom from 7pm to 10pm
And that's fine. That's your opinion. Others don't share it and people who've done it find it of immense value. It's not just paying a premium to stay in the park, it's paying a premium to stay in the park with hardly anyone else so you can virtually walk on any attraction.

Much-Pixie-Dust

IMO it's simply outrageous to pay a huge premium price just to stay in the Magic Kingdom from 7pm to 10pm
It’s til 11 on nights with and 8 pm closing and midnight with nights of a 9 pm closing. My family did it on 2/8 with a midnight closing and it was great. We did 14 different rides, all the big ones except for SM because we don’t care for it. Some rides we just stayed on and rode multiple times. We found value in it and enjoyed it a lot.

AshaNeOmah

I used to agree.

After thinking of it as an event, I felt differently. I've paid $100+ for a concert, show, or sporting event that last about 3 hours. Three hours in Magic Kingdom with basically zero lines is worth as much to me as a concert or NFL ticket.

That perspective changed my mind.

Last edited:

Roakor

I am not a fan of all the up-charges however, as long as they keep the capacity very low I can see doing this my self. I can see me going to another park during the day, like maybe studios and then picking up the after hours ticket for MK. If you think of it as using the after hours in lieu of buying a ticket for that park for that day its really not a big cost increase. In fact if you were only planning a one day trip (say you were in town on business or something) its a hell of a deal. Its only a few dollars more than a one day ticket but you don't have the crowds, or the heat in the summer months. If they start doing this in the summer months. sure you may only have 5 hours in the park. but with no crowds, walk on rides 5 hours is more than enough time to do everything.

This is of course contingent that they keep the capacity low. I'm not going to pay more if its still wall to wall people, i don't care how much free ice cream they give me.

Tom P.

Whether it's Magic Kingdom After Hours or a fireworks dessert party or Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party or whatever it might be... the tickets always sell extremely well and in many cases sell out, as the After Hours events have done. So while some might want to lament the amount of upcharge and hard ticket events that exist, the fact is that there are clearly plenty of people out there who can both afford them and find them to be a worthwhile value. As long as that is the case, I can't see any logical reason why Disney would not continue to offer the events.

Personally, I doubt I would pay for the After Hours event. OTOH, my family and I have attended the Halloween party on multiple occasions and will likely attend the Christmas party on our next trip. It's not one size fits all. It's about what is of value for each person, as well as what each person can afford.

HwdStudio

I have done the Disney After Hours each year it has been offered and multiple times per cycle. It is absolutely the best time I have had a MK in years. It has been worth every penny to me. It took a while to pick up steam and plenty of folks were convinces it was a failure and plenty wished it had failed. I understand that it is expensive and is not for everyone. I don’t feel like an elitist or better than anyone. I happened to be blessed that I could afford this offering. That could change in the blink of an eye as it could for most of us. I am just glad that I got to do it. I wish everyone could but it was t designed for everyone. A Mercedes it not designed for everyone either but it doesn’t mean Mercedes drivers are any better than anyone else. Better off financially maybe. Sometimes not even that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom