News 'Disney After Hours' ticketed event

Purduevian

AK is as big as the other 3 pur together..I don't think it would be a problem..

AK is 580 Acres... however Kilimanjaro is 110, back stage animal care facilities, the parking lot, massive show buildings in FOP, Dinosaur, and Everest, and rafiki's planet watch.
Doing a quick google maps measurement, the guest areas in the park, not including planet watch or the safari is ~283,300 m² or 70 acers

For comparison If I do the same for the other parks:
MK:!308,500 m^2 or ~76m acres
Epcot: 486,350 m^2 ~120 acres With a 147,500 m^2 or 36 acre Lagoon in the middle of it
DHS: 182,650 M^2 ~45 acres (pre star wars)

Side note: TOT only sits on about 3000m^2 or .75 acres... pretty amazing how compact that amazing ride is.

Last edited:

Kman101

I mean, no one's tripping themselves to ride the rides in Epcot. AK has high demand in Pandora. HS as a whole park is in high demand (plus the new Slinky Dog and upcoming Star Wars attractions) and MK is ... the MK. It has plenty to do. I think there's an obvious reason why Epcot isn't included. Frozen's no longer at it's peak popularity, the ride's been here for a while now and FPs are doable (depending).

Just my hot take. Not enough high demand attractions to support it.

Hcalvert

Fingers crossed that MK will be available on 7/8.🤞We had to book an extra night to our trip due to a plane snafu and booked Poly in hope that it may be available in July. If not, I get to stay at a fantastic resort for a night before moving to POR---another great resort.

TrojanUSC

I can't say why Epcot doesn't offer DAH, but I wish they would.

There's not enough high-demand attractions in a close enough density. Far fewer people want to pay $140 for 3 hours of Soarin' and Test Track. There's a case for Frozen but that's about it.

If DAK didn't have Pandora and Studios didn't have TSL, they wouldn't have them either.

Cmdr_Crimson

Guessing it would take agreement of all WS pavilions. I think it could be offered in just FW but Disney probably doesn't want to deal with complaints only half the park is open. It would take a lot of CMs to keep an eye on guests in the sprawling park.
During the passholder event FW and the 2 boat rides of WS were opened. If you went towards China or the bridge to France you were stopped by a CM that stood there where the pathways were blocked..

note2001

If an After Hours were to happen in EPCOT it would most likely mimic the DVC Moonlight Magic events that have happened there over the last year+. The rides opened for us were:
  • Frozen Ever After
  • Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros
  • Journey into Imagination with Figment
  • Living with the Land
  • Mission: Space
  • Soarin’
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Test Track
  • The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Only the holiday crowds make it impossible to get to all of the above in one day (while still stopping to enjoy the World Showcase).
I don't think many people would see a vaue in AH-EPCOT at this time.

Last edited:

Kman101

Exactly, Epcot doesn't have the new high demand attractions the other three parks do (Slinky Dog, Mine Train, Flight of Passage). Maybe once Rat, Guardians, etc. open ... there just isn't "demand" for it having After Hours right now. I wasn't surprised to not see it included. If they keep doing these in a few years, I'm sure Epcot will join the party.

Animaniac93-98

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney had a separate "After Hours" event just for Galaxy's Edge (also priced at $125 + tax).

They would just have to have CMs posted at the two entrances to check wristbands, and maybe a route backstage so that guests can exit without having to go through the rest of DHS.

Patcheslee

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney had a separate "After Hours" event just for Galaxy's Edge (also priced at $125 + tax).

They would just have to have CMs posted at the two entrances to check wristbands, and maybe a route backstage so that guests can exit without having to go through the rest of DHS.
Could also see it as a "why stay here" to staying as the SW resort once it opens. Get a single resort only night.

LuvWDW2

It would have to be super limited to ticket sales. 1 ride with 5000 people still makes a VERY long line.

DABIGCHEEZ

No you don’t have to rearrange your plans. You clearly indicate you’re against them. Why should you care? Don’t go. Now, if it’s something you may want to do, then go ahead and schedule it.
You are missing the point I think...it is not a question of if i want to go or not... the answer there is I will never go.
The problem I have is the fact is I do have to change things up, if they end up changing the hours we are at a park so an Afterhours event gets scheduled for. We base ADRs around what park we are at what days. There are currently no Afterhours out for August. We have been burned by this type of thing once in the past... not the Afterhours, but some other event that wasn't announced until closer to the trip date(maybe a Pirate & Princess thing a few years back(I do not remember exactly what it was), but we did have to rearrange our schedules that we made in advance because that is how WDW wants things. That is the frustrating thing...

JohnD

You are missing the point I think...it is not a question of if i want to go or not... the answer there is I will never go.
The problem I have is the fact is I do have to change things up, if they end up changing the hours we are at a park so an Afterhours event gets scheduled for. We base ADRs around what park we are at what days. There are currently no Afterhours out for August. We have been burned by this type of thing once in the past... not the Afterhours, but some other event that wasn't announced until closer to the trip date(maybe a Pirate & Princess thing a few years back(I do not remember exactly what it was), but we did have to rearrange our schedules that we made in advance because that is how WDW wants things. That is the frustrating thing...

I'm not aware of REGULAR park hours being changed for Disney AFTER Hours. That's why it's called that. You're overthinking IMHO. I see no reason why you have to change any of your plans for regular hours. But that's up to you.

Patcheslee

I'm not aware of REGULAR park hours being changed for Disney AFTER Hours. That's why it's called that. You're overthinking IMHO. I see no reason why you have to change any of your plans for regular hours. But that's up to you.
It may draw larger crowds when event time comes? AK for example doesn't start until 9pm but guests with the After Hours tickets can get in at 7pm. I don't know how many tickets are sold but can see the reasoning.

DABIGCHEEZ

Again... the afterhours events are not even scheduled for August. My original post stated that the problem that I have with it... is IF they do get scheduled on a night we are there that I will have to reschedule things. And yes they do in fact change their closing hours... because as I stated they did exactly that years back when we were burned. I am not overthinking anything and no as of now, I do not need to change anything... just saying that IF the do change to put in an Afterhours event... that that is what I have the problem with.

JohnD

It may draw larger crowds when event time comes? AK for example doesn't start until 9pm but guests with the After Hours tickets can get in at 7pm. I don't know how many tickets are sold but can see the reasoning.

But if you have advance ADRs as the other poster commented, those wouldn't be affected -- you already have them. Look, I scheduled a trip before DAH was known to occur on my HS day, May 1. I'm not sweating it and not re-scheduling anything because of DAH. Why should I? My ADRs and FPs are already set. But if someone else wants to make themselves miserable over an event that they aren't planning on going to, that's their business.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom