Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Chi84

Premium Member
We just bought tickets to the Boo Bash but we're not comparing it to DAH or Halloween parties in terms of what you get for money spent. We're just accepting that it is what it is this year because of what happened with COVID. Taking that out of the mix makes no sense to me. If the same situation exists next year at this time, then I'll start to analyze the event more critically.

Parker in NYC

... with 1/5 the number of guests attending so that you can go on the rides as much as you like, which is the hallmark of a DAH. That's what you're paying for. The Halloweenesque extras are just gravy.
Except for 7DMT which still had 45 minute waits during my last two After Hours.

But I nitpick because I have nothing better to do with my time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Except for 7DMT which still had 45 minute waits during my last two After Hours.

But I nitpick because I have nothing better to do with my time.
Two times I did a MK DAH, 7DMT was broke!

Other times it was just 10-15 min.

I would venture that your experience was from 7DMT going down for a while, thus, the back-up.

flynnibus

Premium Member
True but how much of what boo bash offers is unique to that event? From the villains after hours events wasn't there a parade, a show, and food that you could only get during that event?

I may be wrong as I've never been to it but in comparing the villains after hours to the boo bash it seems like the villains after hours was giving you much more exclusive stuff including changes to some rides, a show that you couldn't see anywhere else, and a parade that you couldn't see anywhere else and maybe food you couldn't get outside the event, but not sure about that.

Villians AH had more offers - but it's the kind of stuff that is not necessarily a deal breaker for people. So it's a 'nice to have' but lack of the stage show for instance is not really a reason someone who is willing to spend $140 to goto the park for 3 hours is NOT going to go.

Sure it's nice in a 'what is the value' discussion - but ultimately what is driving the demand to buy here is the limited crowds first and foremost and that's common between them.

(and Villians parade add-on was later and not so much a full parade - but the halloween party did..).

If you were comparing Villians AH to say... DAK with no add-ons... I think these are more interesting points. But when comparing an AH event or not... it's the limited access that trumps all.

The boo bash seems to basically just be a less crowded watered down Halloween party with free popcorn soda and ice cream.

That is my main question as to how satisfied guests will be. They went to villains after hours and got something they couldn't get any other time of year at any other event. People are going to go to the boo bash and essentially just get a less crowded Halloween party with less stuff than the Halloween party typically offers.

And now this gets to the point of comparing AH to a party - And you are right, the offer differs. With big headliners missing like fireworks and a unique parade. Here, people are going to trade a much smaller event (crowds have been a complaint in recent years) for that reduced entertainment... for a much higher price.

Will people leave satisfied? That's the big question... and Disney I'm sure will capitalize on it if its 'good enough'.

Fe Maiden

Sure it's nice in a 'what is the value' discussion - but ultimately what is driving the demand to buy here is the limited crowds first and foremost and that's common between them.
Our family of 6 are going on 8/27 and I don't think anyone even cares that it's a "Boo Bash". It's all about the limited crowds and access to rides. I'll admit it is somewhat of a bitter pill ($800+ w/DVC discount). We like to spend our last night at MK, its still everyone's favorite park at night and the last 3 trips we wouldn't be able to without paying extra for the privilege.

The first year we went to another park, in '19 we went to the MNSSHP and we all had a blast. But we didn't watch fireworks, didn't meet any characters and didn't trick or treat. We watched the parade but other than that it was all about getting on our favorite attractions one last time before heading home. This go around is more "end of an era" with our family so we decided to pull the trigger.

raymusiccity

Lots of complaining about the cost of these Boo Bashes (not just here, I mean everywhere on the interwebz) but dates are selling out like crazy. 😏

I always had a great time at the after hours that I've attended both the MNSSHP and Pirate & Princess Party (RIP).

This is of course is a little different, but I am curious if I would end up dropping this sort of coin had I been visiting during this time.

As I have said before, if we don't like these overpriced events then we need to NOT purchase these tickets.
These bad boys selling out like hot cakes does not bode well for the "Vote with Your Wallets!" campaign.

Low wait times are an alluring siren indeed.
I guess there's must be worse things to spend your stimulus money on! 😂

JohnD

HHN is an anniversary year this year too (30th) Jack is back baby, and there’s going to be a Beetlejuice house, it’s a no brainer for me.

Never been. 9/30 is probably the best night for me. I arrive that day and my park reservations are for 10/1, 10/2, and 10/3. HHN is also those nights and that's just too much on those days.

Jrb1979

HHN is an anniversary year this year too (30th) Jack is back baby, and there’s going to be a Beetlejuice house, it’s a no brainer for me.
Universal has one of the best Halloween events. I don't understand why many Disney fans don't give it a chance. Other then those with littles. I always thought Halloween was about scary things, ghosts and goblins.

Touchdown

Universal has one of the best Halloween events. I don't understand why many Disney fans don't give it a chance. Other then those with littles. I always thought Halloween was about scary things, ghosts and goblins.
Indeed, the only park that can be mentioned in the same category as USO is also near another Disney Park, the OG Haunted Theme Park, Knott’s. Looking forward to HHN30, been every year since 25.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom