Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Brad Bishop

This business model isn't going to be sustainable. I'm telling you.

It will be.

What you're basically saying is: "Can Disney offer less and charge more?"
I think a good bit of the public, and many online here, will happily line up screaming, "TAKE MY MONEY!"

The Bobs see it as:
- If they'll pay more for 3 hours and no extras
- Then why would we offer 6 hours with extras? That's giving things away! We don't do that. We sell everything!

I think it's pretty amazing that NO ONE thinks twice about paying for the park multiple times each day. "Oh, it's the same park we paid for during the day but the Sun is down and the lights are on! It's SO magical!" (and they're absolutely right -this is how people think)

One nut that they haven't been able to crack is getting people to pay for mornings. They don't seem to be able to successfully battle the morning laziness of the average guest. That's the one thing (EMH - morning / Paid "magic" in the mornings) that they can't seem to capture.

Gillyanne

One nut that they haven't been able to crack is getting people to pay for mornings. They don't seem to be able to successfully battle the morning laziness of the average guest. That's the one thing (EMH - morning / Paid "magic" in the mornings) that they can't seem to capture.

Didn't they do some kind of morning TSL thing at HS that was early/exclusive access to TSL with breakfast? I just don't know how popular it was/wasn't.

Elke

We went to Early Morning in 2019 for HS and went on all Toy Story rides and others multiple times with no lines at all. Breakfast was included. It was popular and many of us early risers would welcome more paid mornings. Well worth the money. If I wanted to sleep in I would take a staycation.

Brad Bishop

oh, if they start after hours at multiple parks would they offer an upcharge hopper option?

The Bobs like your thinking!

OF COURSE your normal daily park-hopper wouldn't work for after hours parties.

You're thinking too small with an up-charge for a hopper option. You just have a party at each park each evening and guests can buy their way into however many parties they wish. Anything less would be giving something away and there's no profit in that.

I'm almost surprised that they don't shut down the Monorail / Ferries / Buses for the parties and just tell you to "find your way back - we have (had) these Minnie-Vans available for $20/guest!" Running nearly empty Monorails cost money. Charging $20/guest for them to get back to their room makes money!

To others, regarding morning parties:

They did offer extra magic morning (whatever it was called, I'm sure there was "magic" in it)-something where you could eat in Fantasyland at Belle's, I think, and have 1 hour to do that and ride Fantasyland rides for something like $75/head. I don't think it was ever very popular, though. People, on the whole, just wanted to sleep in.

Back when they offered EMHs to resort guests it was, I think, 3 hours in the evening at one park or 1 or 2 hours in the morning (someone fix that for me - I want to say it was 2 hours in the morning but I think it was just 1). There's no money to be made doing that.

The more I think through my scenarios, the more I wonder if I could actually out-Bob, the Bobs with this stuff. I don't think I can. I'm always playing catch-up.

jt04

We went to Early Morning in 2019 for HS and went on all Toy Story rides and others multiple times with no lines at all. Breakfast was included. It was popular and many of us early risers would welcome more paid mornings. Well worth the money. If I wanted to sleep in I would take a staycation.

Yep. Great concept they need to bring back in some capacity. Especially helpful if they added it as an option for DHS if RotR was included. 😀

aliceismad

My understanding is that Disney After Hours was more popular than the morning version. It seems to me that bringing back the morning version would dilute the value of the promised Extra Magic half-hour for on-site visitors.

jt04

My understanding is that Disney After Hours was more popular than the morning version. It seems to me that bringing back the morning version would dilute the value of the promised Extra Magic half-hour for on-site visitors.

Great point. Maybe they'll add a 7:00 opening for on site guests someday as an option for a modest fee. I would seriously consider that.

jt04

Does Disney do anything for a modest fee?

No.

But I would pay 50.00 extra to get in 90 minutes earlier than the emh crowds at DHS. 75.00 if it included the breakfast buffet.

Assuming RotR would be available with standby queue. They would have to limit this to several hundred guests daily. But easy Mickey dollars for the mouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom