Disney After Hours BOO BASH

SpoiledBlueMilk

His point still stands. Prices are going nowhere but up, regardless of the jobs reports.
Oh, I agree. Prices at Disney will continue to rise and they will find ways to create premium experiences even if those new experiences are essentially altered or watered-down versions of existing parties or events. The Bobs know there are consumers like me out there who will continue to pay the money because we love the product. I lost my illusions a long time ago.

Dad 2 M & M

Oh, I agree. Prices at Disney will continue to rise and they will find ways to create premium experiences even if those new experiences are essentially altered or watered-down versions of existing parties or events. The Bobs know there are consumers like me out there who will continue to pay the money because we love the product. I lost my illusions a long time ago.
And plenty to take your spot if you’ll move aside....

Additionally, the old “Base” of the Family of four or however it was defined, as well as whatever % of the Gate has been replaced by many more than were left behind...

Jrb1979

I think that’s it

As far as Disney goes we’ve NEVER seen the other guy in Orlando as competition; they were NEVER the same experience as Disney.

To your point, I’d have to say Current Disney vs ANY past Disney would lose easily. The issue is Current Disney is STILL superior to the other guy down there.

I get the passion peeps have when cuts are made as Disney has set such a high standard....

Well done

**edit**You know Disney had it goin on when removing Magical Express and Fastpass are met with heartburn....those two perks received sooo much negative attention for years and years. We definitely had a few bad experiences on or with both, but the did still add a positive to the Experience.
I view Universal as competition. That's due to how well the balance thrills and theming. I would love a Velocicoaster at Disney.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the issue isn't the inherent value of the offering. It's that Disney used to have a standard where they over-gave because it was about the magic and imagination and experience. Disney magic organically happened and it wasn't something you had to make yourself or pay for. It's not actually about the money.

I got a bunch of institutional investors that “beg to differ” 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I view Universal as competition. That's due to how well the balance thrills and theming. I would love a Velocicoaster at Disney.

is this where I can pitch my “sundowner” coaster...the one designed like Nemesis at Alton Towers in the Australia expansion at DAK?

...I’m sure they’ll get around to it...only been 20 years since I built it on rollercoaster tycoon

bryanfze55

I get it, but I wasn’t referring to Disney exclusively. Travel and entertainment prices have really skyrocketed the last decade, and now they will do so even more after a very brief period of depressed prices. The demand is just there, or at least the illusion of demand. And either way - prices go up.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

I dont, I see them as just another venue with a different product. Lately, they've added some very successful new vignette areas which are amazing, cohesive, and internally consistent, but then again they've got a lot of IP from "other than Universal".

bryanfze55

Universal and Disney are essentially offering the same product with their new initiatives. And if the bar they’re trying to meet is fun, IP-based attractions - I would argue Disney will have a hard time beating Universal at the game they play very well.

What made Disney special is all the things that came long before Universal was really seen as a competitor. Immersion wasn’t the single goal, and there were certainly no press releases or pre-shows talking about why you’ll be immersed. It was done through subtle storytelling, stories about humanity’s past, present and future. Disneyland (and to a lesser extent, the Magic Kingdom) were bigger than a theme park. Disney’s seeming respect (whether forced or genuine) of its original castle park in Anaheim is the only thing that truly distinguishes the two theme park chains anymore.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ticket levels, when there were tickets, were quite... fluid at times. The Ticket level reflected the price per ride of the attraction. Attractions that cost more to build, had a higher price to ride, and thus, a higher ticket level. But, Disney also used the Ticket level to move crowds around. Attractions with long lines, even if they weren't expensive to build or maintain rides, had their ticket level bumped up to discourage long queues. And conversely, rides that lost their long queues had their ticket level (and thus, cost to ride) dropped to attract more guests.

When things went Pay-One-Price, ticket level should have become meaningless, but it was kept alive by two groups that had two different criteria: Imagineers and Guests.

For Imagineers, who still use "E-Ticket" internally, an E-Ticket ride is one that has cutting edge tech and gags and price-tag and fully themed. Obviously, what was once cutting edge may no longer be considered such as time goes by, but it's still a historical E-Ticket.

For Guests, any wildly popular ride that gets long lines because it's wildly popular gets called an E-Ticket.

If Ratatouille was once considered by Imagineers as an E-Ticket when it was being built because LPS rides were cutting edge and it was fully themed, then it's an E-Ticket, even if Guest appraisal would downgrade it to a D-Ticket when they compare it to brand new LPSs, like RotR.

Whether Imagineering actually called Rat an "E-Ticket" internally... I don't know.

But some rando guest's appraisal of how much they like the ride... is not the industry's determinant of whether the ride is actually an E-Ticket or not.

Dad 2 M & M

Maybe not the same but certainly close and competitive. Meanwhile Disney is holding onto a ready D attraction for months while Universal appears to be soft opening their New E ticket to all guests a full month before opening.
Definitely a cool place and it’s no matter what they add (and Disney reduces) they still can only come close.

on another note, how many are you up on RoR? Lost count?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom