News Disney After Hours at Walt Disney World (2024)

potzie

Epcot is an interesting one, I'd be curious to see how they sell. 7PM to 1AM is 6 hours at what some would call a half day park, but wonder if all of World Showcase will be open or just the pavilions with attractions (Norway, Mexico & France).
I will be perfectly happy with the event at Epcot. Saves me from the heat of the day and still gets me all that I want out of Epcot. We really don't like daytime at the parks anymore and will gladly spend 2-3 days just with these events on a trip.

Tha Realest

Does this affect Extended Evening Hours? Looking at currently announced dates for EEH and AH events it doesn’t seem so (latter still seems to hold for Epcot on Monday and MK on Wednesdays) but I am running out of mental bandwidth to keep track of all this

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I will be perfectly happy with the event at Epcot. Saves me from the heat of the day and still gets me all that I want out of Epcot. We really don't like daytime at the parks anymore and will gladly spend 2-3 days just with these events on a trip.
Agreed, I'd much rather not go during the day and go to the pool instead then hit the parks at night. Win win for folks who don't have little ones.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
All that said, I miss the days of extended night hours for ALL resort guest not just deluxe, but I guess its cheaper now to stay at a Value and purchase After Hours if you really want to go at night or not stay on property at all.

potzie

All that said, I miss the days of extended night hours for ALL resort guest not just deluxe, but I guess its cheaper now to stay at a Value and purchase After Hours if you really want to go at night or not stay on property at all.
Or stay offsite and just book the events. I just need a MK option and I am good for this summer. Maybe this Villians event will show up. Regardless of the theme, just need it. Otherwise I will do the Extra Evening Hours on the Wednesday night by booking a one night stay at Swan, then do the Epcot event on the Thursday night.

potzie

$150 a head for 3 hours?
What a steal at pop century
You get 6 hours in the park as you can arrive for 7pm. It is pretty close to the same price as a full day ticket, with reduced crowds for part of the time, unlimited soda and ice cream and cooler temperatures. If you don't see the value then don't buy it, but many of us have experienced it in the past and prefer it.

Drdcm

You get 6 hours in the park as you can arrive for 7pm. It is pretty close to the same price as a full day ticket, with reduced crowds for part of the time, unlimited soda and ice cream and cooler temperatures. If you don't see the value then don't buy it, but many of us have experienced it in the past and prefer it.
I think the problem is that it used to be free for resort guests - evening extra magic hours. Now they charge you the price of a ticket for it.

I attend these as well and generally enjoy them.

Dad 2 M & M

$150 a head for 3 hours?
What a steal at pop century
Heard that….

Been pondering S&D for the Epcot Monday EME…..now have an additional “option” as After Hours x2

1 - S&D with EME would cost +$150 above a Value

2 - After Hours x2 with FREE accommodations would STILL be more expensive than #1

Did you see the MK had a Tuesday EME this month? A Monday night stay at S&D would have granted an EME at MK and Epcot on consecutive nights….not bad for +$150 as it would include everyone in your party

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You didn’t “experience it”…you bought a product.

And that makes a lot of sense…depending on what you did the first half of the day?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
You didn’t “experience it”…you bought a product.

And that makes a lot of sense…depending on what you did the first half of the day?
I mean, you can get Pop on a discount for $200 a night plus the $150 for event ticket. $350 is cheaper then $550 for a discounted deluxe no? Whether you think either is a true value for your money is a different thread, I'm just speaking to the math.

potzie

So I checked the day I am looking at Epcot. A single day ticket that day is $139+ Genie+ costs for a full day. Or I can spend $129 on that same day, save Genie+, get to ride everything I want with smaller crowds, reduced heat & the other benefits of After Hours events. Sure it is only 6 hours of park time, but if Epcot is seen as only a half day park by many then I can certainly accomplish all that in 6 hours.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean, you can get Pop on a discount for $200 a night plus the $150 for event ticket. $350 is cheaper then $550 for a discounted deluxe no? Whether you think either is a true value for your money is a different thread, I'm just speaking to the math.

So I checked the day I am looking at Epcot. A single day ticket that day is $139+ Genie+ costs for a full day. Or I can spend $129 on that same day, save Genie+, get to ride everything I want with smaller crowds, reduced heat & the other benefits of After Hours events. Sure it is only 6 hours of park time, but if Epcot is seen as only a half day park by many then I can certainly accomplish all that in 6 hours.
I think the math makes sense there…IF it’s not an add on to another ticketed activity on the front half of the day…

It really…really…needs to be an “either/or”…not a “both”…

Because if it’s an add on, the customers are helping Disney to destroy its parks

potzie

I think the math makes sense there…IF it’s not an add on to another ticketed activity on the front half of the day…

It really…really…needs to be an “either/or”…not a “both”…

Because if it’s an add on, the customers are helping Disney to destroy its parks
I will spend the first half of the day doing something by a pool, relaxing and enjoying the weather. Then have an early dinner at a restaurant with food that isn't made in a park, then go to the park for a nice evening.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I will spend the first half of the day doing something by a pool, relaxing and enjoying the weather. Then have an early dinner at a restaurant with food that isn't made in a park, then go to the park for a nice evening.
...out of the sun. With less crowds. Totally worth the premium cost to me.

This is one's chance to get every song on Cosmic Rewind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom