Disney Adventures Magazine stops publication

iheartdisney91

i love disney adventures but i hate how they are pointed at younger kids and the stupid comic ones (they dedicate a whole disney adventures magezing to comics.)
i loved the Disney Magezine.... remember it had WDW in DL.... actually all around the world and they used to be in the All star rooms...

prberk

Well I don't have any kids so I cannot speak about Disney Adventures. I do however like to read and I do subscribe to Arthur Frommers Budget Travel Magazine.

I have to say that I would be really upset if that publication went totally on-line. I like to be able to sit at the couch, outside, in bed, wherever and relax and read the magazine. I am more than willing to spend the $12-$14 a year for a subscription. I also would in fact hate it if my only option was to sit at my computer or have to download pages onto some electronic device to read the magazine.

Technology, the internet and etc. are great and I use them but print is far from dead.

Of course there is always the need for bathroom reading material ... :lookaroun :lol:

But seriously, I do not see the Internet as the same as print. First, newspapers and especially magazines and books provide more depth than TV and most websites.

And, even though newspaper articles are often online, it is still easier to "curl up" with a good book or print article than with your computer/laptop. Even though laptops and phones are portable, they are just not as easy to curl up with or read comfortably on the go.

But most important to this argument is the fact that I think that CHILDREN need to learn to read and write and draw and do puzzles. Paper is just necessary for that, no matter how interactive and necessary computers become.

Paul

prberk

i love disney adventures but i hate how they are pointed at younger kids and the stupid comic ones (they dedicate a whole disney adventures magezing to comics.)
i loved the Disney Magezine.... remember it had WDW in DL.... actually all around the world and they used to be in the All star rooms...

I agree with you on the Disney Magazine. That was clearly one example of how the print publication was much more thorough than the online information from the company. The articles were really good.

Paul

MattBoom

Original Poster
I agree with you on the Disney Magazine. That was clearly one example of how the print publication was much more thorough than the online information from the company. The articles were really good.

Paul

Sounds like we have some big expectations to live up to with our new magazine.

MrBug

It's getting there. But it also has to be able to download wirelessly and it has to be so affordable that everyone can have one.
But that would constitute yet another g-d gadget that needs to be carried around/recharged/packed, etc etc etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom