disney 5th and 6th gate?

jmick71

Original Poster
now that Universal is basically for sale and disney now owns marvel dose anybody think disney would purchase universal??
i know it would probably never happen, but you never know
disney is starting to buy up alto of companies( marvel, parts of dream works)
and if they did they would not have to worry about competition/ or worrying about potter.
i know this sounds crazy and it will probably never happen but just wanted to see what you guys would say:)

( universal/Comcast Corp/Blackstone probably would not even sell to disney)
this is for kicks and giggles:ROFLOL:
please don't be too harsh i am not being that serious about it LOL

Enchantâmes

now that Universal is basically for sail and disney now owns marvel dose anybody think disney would purchase universal??
i know it would probably never happen, but you never know
disney is starting to buy up alto of companies( marvel, parts of dream works)
and if they did they would not have to worry about competition/ or worrying about potter.
i know this sounds crazy and it will probably never happen but just wanted to see what you guys would say:)

( universal/Comcast Corp/Blackstone probably would not even sell to disney)
this is for kicks and giggles:ROFLOL:
please don't be too harsh i am not being that serious about it LOL
Wow...... no comment.

sanaj2000

I was thinking that same thing.
but how would they connect the parks? it would have to be a serious monorail system.
maybe disney can buy the entire orlando area and rename it, disney presents: orlando!
that'd be awsome!

jmick71

Original Poster
I was thinking that same thing.
but how would they connect the parks? it would have to be a serious monorail system.
maybe disney can buy the entire orlando area and rename it, disney presents: orlando!
that'd be awsome!

if they were going to buy it ( which thy probably wont being they would only buy the park and not the actual company) they would only get the income from the parks and they would probably run it like they run touchstone, marvel, ect. without the disney brand name on it

jmick71

Original Poster

jmick71

Original Poster
I didn't realize it was for sale.

P.S. Your threads are like nails on a Chalk Board.

well half of it is if for sale, if NBCuniversal/ Comcast Corp does not buy 1/2 of the park back, Blackstone Group has the rights to sell it to the highest bidder

And what does that mean so i can improve them?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
hopefully they dont sail too far away
:ROFLOL:

I was picturing a very large
Picton%20Castle%20Under%20Full%20Sail.JPG

CDavid

hopefully they dont sail too far away

Apparently Islands of Adventure cannot just sail away because: (1)sailing to any point west of the Mississippi River (such as Houston) might violate the Marvel Comics licenses, and (2) it's not a boat. :) :)

Rich1

U know, after reading the article it doesn't seem Soooo far fetched. The main drawback is how Disney would market it to prevent competing with themselves.

jmick71

Original Poster
U know, after reading the article it doesn't seem Soooo far fetched. The main drawback is how Disney would market it to prevent competing with themselves.

your right it does not seem far fetched. it just seems unlikely, but if they do buy it it could easily just use it as a separate entity. and it might be good that disney has competition with itself(if quality of universal goes up becaue of disney's ownership it would cause a grater increase in WDW quality, more so than it is today!)

Rich1

I don't think having a movie park already has any affect on this. Truthfully, if it were a pretty easy path then I believe Disney would buy those parks in a minute. It just may be a logistics nightmare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom