Disney $5 Photos!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ahh the joy of photography. As one who has paddled in the murky waters of the media all I can say if a snapper were to shoot something untoward of my family he should be more concerned about things other than loosing a film. As I feel he would need some pro active councelling about the error in the intrusion of a families despair. One mans news is anothers personal grief.
As for all things corporate, they are after all in the public domain and are entirely a diffrent kettle of fish.

9-Eye

Fun?

Hmmmmm,

I now realize that my "this should be fun" comment was obviously misleading in nature. What I meant to get at was, knowing your rights and actually standing up for yourself should be fun - seeing as how many people do not. I did not mean to hint that "giving CM's a hard time should be fun."

Let the record reflect that I do NOT think giving CMs any unnecessary grief is fun. Nor do I support or encourage such behavior. In fact, with the picture-taking issue, I originally recommended "hiding" when taking 'iffy' pictures so to avoid any confrontation in the first place.

As for sharing stories, my recommendation was not to "do it" solely for the purpose of having a story. Not only is that rediculous, but the odds of actually encountering such a situation are slim to none. Should you encounter such a situation, however, I for one would sure like to hear about it. We have just seen posts about people photographing a monoral incident. So I am certain that others on this board would like to hear about it as well.

I am as nice to CM's as they are to me ...sometimes nicer. A customer that exceeds the expectations of the employee? Why not. I also have the right to protect my person or any immediate extension thereof, and any intrusion upon which warrants a degree of self defense, be it verbal or otherwise.

Thank you all for sharing your opinions (especially Disney4648 :p ) I respect all of your thoughts whether in agreement or disagreement to mine.

9-Eye

tmm7899

I think that if you are going to take "questionable" pictures and there are other pictures on the roll of film. Then you run the risk of having the pictures taken away from you. Just my opinion, I know that I have never taken any pictures that could be "questionable" for that very reason.

tmm7899

I bought the film, I guess that I am going to take pictures that are memorable to me not some persons tragedy. I see your point though that you do not want to have your film taken away from you.

2much2do

Okay, just for the sake of clearing up some of this, let's say the pictures are not of a tragic event of any kind. Let's say you are on a ride that malfunctions and you have the opportunity to see it with the lights on or the repair crews or how the evacuation procedures go, or a character with the head part of the costume off. No one got hurt, but Disney might still not want people to see it. Might you want pictures of that???? Bet you would! Bet you'd wanna come here and post about it! What about then????

As for 9-eye, I want to say that I agree 100% with what you have said. I too have a problem with people not knowing their rights and just giving in or giving up so as not to make a scene or draw attention to themselves, or even if they just didn't know any better. I believe in informed decision making, and I thank you for putting the info out there! I too, would not give my film to anyone, and not to be difficult, but because it is MY FILM!

As for the cast member issue, let me say this: Many, many times in your job, whateever that job may be, you can find yourself having to do something you don't want to do. When I ws a bank teller, I often had to ask for ID from people I knew full well, and did not need to identify. I knew they'd get annoyed if I asked for ID, but I had to, so I did. Was I angry or hurt when they got mad? Nope. I hated doing it myself. But I had to do it. When I was a CM I sometimes had to refuse a guest something I really didn't want to refuse. Could I change the policies? Nope. I had to do my job. But, I didn't want to do it, and I understood completely if the guest was displeased. Let's not assume the CM wants to take your film and be forceful about it, etc. As long as you are not threatening or rude, refuse all you want. If they are good CMs, they will not be rude or threatening to you, and they will understand. They just had to do their jobs, and you just had to refuse. Simple as that. Not hard feelings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom