Disney 23... it's a magazine!!!

jpm46

Is it "bagged" at the bookstores? Otherwise, I'll just leaf through it there...

I mean common, $16 for a magazine?!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
New shimmer is a floor wax!

It's a dessert topping, you cow!

:lookaroun

No...It's a pterodactyl

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fhf8-GItjOY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fhf8-GItjOY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

sittle

Wow..... I guess you can judge a book by it's cover....

.... I think it might be wise to pick up a copy when it hits the shelves and thumb through a copy, before passing judgement..... there might be all sorts of stunning photography work, in depth articles, that you can't get elsewhere... etc, 16$ might be worth it...

There are a few magazines that are $16 to $20 bucks, that IMO are worth every penny... Sometimes you get what you pay for.

devoy1701

So it's "worth it" because it only comes out quarterly? How does that make any logical sense?? Whether it comes out quarterly or monthly, $16 PER ISSUE is still ridiculous isn't it? :hammer:

my point that it is a quarterly production was that it'll only end up costing you $64+ a month which makes the $16/issue more bareable, versus if it was bi-monthly which would run you $94+ or a monthly subscription which would cost $192+ for the year. I'm not saying that $16/issue isn't alot because it is, but I don't really have a problem paying $16/issue if it's only for 4 times a year...I wouldn't pay $192 for the subscription...I would pay $64.

Anyway...i hope there is some great news that comes along with the anouncement of the Disney twenty-three fan club thing today since it's the 10th!

hardcard

it's bagged and going fast.. only MAYBE 15 copies left at b&N when I got my 2 .. looks like they had a LOT more than that originally... as far as the quality. it's not really a 'magazine'.. it's more like a paperback book.. complete with stories, insiders info, etc.. and it's got my money for the next several years I'm sure.. well worth the 16 dollars..

'coffee table book' quality material... not a quarterly version of 'Cosmo' :) trust me... don't judge the price until you see it in person... it's not a flimsy 'printed on phone book paper' magazine... it's heavy, colorful and 'feels' pricey.

And , btw... 23 is NOT a magazine.. the magazine is only part of it.

hardcard

again, you are missing the point... Celebrations magazine and Orlando Attractions magazine are NOTHING like this new magazine... it's not that kind of periodical... I would make it more like one of the disney 'books' than anything

DizneyPryncess

I'm so confused by this whole thing. I thought the 23 thing was going to be some kind of grand announcement from Disney. A magazine kind of disappoints me. I was hoping for the fan club....which this sort of is with the whole membership thing....but not really. It's just weird for me - not my thing. Enjoy it, those who sign up.

radiohost

I bet you all would buy it if this guy was selling it...

hf73ns7fd4.jpg

Radiohost:cool:

Einselen

Can one buy a D23 membership say in the parks? If so does that mean I could use my $75 (or there about) giftcard from my birthday to buy a membership?

disneytopdog

Oh man! I grew up in Arlington and I miss Half Price Books. Used to go to the one at Cooper st and Arkansas ln. Ahhh...nostalgia...

I was just there yesterday. I stop in about every other week to that one or the BIG one at Lincoln Square....Thats where I get all my Disney books and CD's

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom