Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2022 Earnings Results Webcast

el_super

I didn't make it through the first two episodes of Andor. It looks amazing and the acting seems great but if there is any real content or story there... its missing to me. It also feels really hollow knowing how his story ends.

Notes from Neverland

I didn't make it through the first two episodes of Andor. It looks amazing and the acting seems great but if there is any real content or story there... its missing to me. It also feels really hollow knowing how his story ends.
It's a show the leans heavily into 3-episode arcs. Really, it should be marketed as such. It's best viewed 3 episodes at a time, or a mini movie at a time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You’re probably (likely) not old enough…

I’m not trying to be mean…but that series is meant to fill the void of original fans - R1 the same - of a backstory we all thought about (imagination was standard then) in the pre-digital age.

That may be why view numbers are lagging a little…but there is a market.

And I’ll remind: that market has most of the money and can shop without a Walker as it currently stands.

el_super

You’re probably (likely) not old enough…

How incredibly dismissive. I'm old enough to have seen the original in the theaters in 1977. I didn't because it wasn't really my deal back then. Still really isn't today.

And case in point: I actually did like Obi Wan because the themes of finding your place in your later years did interest me. It was a good show.

Andor's whole premise so far seems to be that he is hesitant to do the thing we already know he's eventually going to do. Yawn.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How incredibly dismissive. I'm old enough to have seen the original in the theaters in 1977. I didn't because it wasn't really my deal back then. Still really isn't today.

And case in point: I actually did like Obi Wan because the themes of finding your place in your later years did interest me. It was a good show.

Andor's whole premise so far seems to be that he is hesitant to do the thing we already know he's eventually going to do. Yawn.
Well that changes everything.

Fix you profile tag…it’s says you’re 30…last year 29.

Are you actually Alex P. Keaton then? 🤔

flynnibus

Premium Member

Funny.. when you setup your profile you claimed you were born in 1992
Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 3.42.28 PM.png

Guess honesty is a recurring problem...

el_super

Well that changes everything.

Fix you profile tag…it’s says you’re 30…last year 29.

Are you actually Alex P. Keaton then? 🤔

Honest typo. Even then though, I still don't like the idea of thinking that someone can't possibly understand something just because of their age.

Although, I might not necessarily know how to fix the profile so there is a chance I got the stereotype thos once.

Guess honesty is a recurring problem...

Eh. I was being honest when I said Andor was boring me.

el_super

It's a show the leans heavily into 3-episode arcs. Really, it should be marketed as such. It's best viewed 3 episodes at a time, or a mini movie at a time.

That is a novel concept... But it's hard to control how it's watched. I literally only had time for two episodes and had no idea about needing to watch the three.

My biggest issue so far has been that there wasn't enough going on in those first two episodes to really get me hooked.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honest typo. Even then though, I still don't like the idea of thinking that someone can't possibly understand something just because of their age.

Although, I might not necessarily know how to fix the profile so there is a chance I got the stereotype thos once.

Actually…in this case I’m not gonna yield that line.

OT fans were pre-digital and cyberspace Revolution. Our world was vastly different.

Though that doesn’t mean people can’t be fans of old and new. Cobra Kai and top gun being good examples.

dreday3

I haven't started Andor yet, but my husband is a really big fan. (and his friends)
I like more cerebral/thinking type shows than action shows, so he told me to try it out. He also says based on how much I love Succession, I will love this, which makes me curious because the reason I love Succession is how incredibly tense and also how incredibly awkwardly cringe it is all at the same time. And how every character has major flaws and I can't pick out one actually good person. 😂 (I'm team Logan all the way)

We will see how well he knows me when I watch it. I'll be honest if I like it or not. :D

(oops, I killed the thread)

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I haven't started Andor yet, but my husband is a really big fan. (and his friends)
I like more cerebral/thinking type shows than action shows, so he told me to try it out. He also says based on how much I love Succession, I will love this, which makes me curious because the reason I love Succession is how incredibly tense and also how incredibly awkwardly cringe it is all at the same time. And how every character has major flaws and I can't pick out one actually good person. 😂 (I'm team Logan all the way)

We will see how well he knows me when I watch it. I'll be honest if I like it or not. :D

(oops, I killed the thread)
I just haven’t had the time to get past episode 1 (sorry…bad reference)

But I hear great things…what I have caught as my kids watched it looks good.

And I liked obi wan too…for what it was. Hated fett though.

JoeCamel

Reuters is reporting a hiring freeze and job cuts per a memo CNBC was made aware of.
I'm sure everything is fine right Christine?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom