disnet treasures

MarknSue

Original Poster
disney treasures

I havent seen any posts here yet about the Disney Treasures box sets.
They look absolutely fantastic, although I dont know how much they are going to cost yet? Lots probably!
Anybody know if they will see a UK release? I cant see it somehow as we are so far behind you guys on DVD. Going to cost even moreif I have to get my DVD player adapted just to watch them :)
MarknSue

neilybealy

Originally posted by MarknSue
I havent seen any posts here yet about the Disney Treasures box sets.
They look absolutely fantastic, although I dont know how much they are going to cost yet? Lots probably!
Anybody know if they will see a UK release? I cant see it somehow as we are so far behind you guys on DVD. Going to cost even moreif I have to get my DVD player adapted just to watch them :)
MarknSue

i never buy region 2 dvds Mark and I often buy region 1 discs cheaper than sold over here.

get your dvd player chipped to play region 1 discs (USA) - you'll not regret it :cool:

Are we allowed to advertise where I buy them from???

Jimengland

What is up with our DVD's? In region two all we get as "extras" are scene selector (oooooh impressive) and a few other languages, why the hell do I want to watch Toy Story in french? In America there seems to be nothing they can't put on the DVD's eg. extra cartoon shorts, making of's, old intro's by Walt. Why can't we be given the choice of these extras or the bloody french version. I have to buy all the collecters versions and they don't release every film in this edition.
As you can see I am angry so I am off to zap region 2 discs:fork: :fork: :fork:

If anyone has an address so that I can take up this complaint officially that would really help.

MarknSue

Original Poster
yeah - I know what you mean
I actually talked to a manager in our local D store about this. Apparently when Disney released the first half dozen DisneyDVDs over here - JungleBook, Mulan, L&T etc, it was all handled by a 3rd party because they wernt sure about the demand. When things went well, they took back control and upped the anti a little for releases like Tarzan and the Fantasia/Toy Story box sets. I have to say Ive een fairly happy with the results since then. Its the delay more than anything.
Any of our US buddies remember a film called Emperors New Groove? Yeah - we're still waiting for it.
only one smilie for this

:brick:

MarknSue

Mikemc

:brick:

It seems disney stores in the UK are much slower than the USA in getting out the new stock.

There is no consistency between stores in the UK either. Iwas in Bristol at the weekend and staff told me that new stock is allocated based on the size of your stock room !!! So not all stores get all the new lines.

The DVD's regionalisation is done by the companies who produce them. So you need to talk to the BIG Boys like Sony etc

neilybealy

last year, I bought the region 1 Toy Story / Toy Story 2 box set for my girlfriend for xmas for £19.99 delivered - I went up ASDA and saw the region 2 dvd Toy Story 2 for the same price - talk about crazy!!

MarknSue

Original Poster
I havent seen the US set yet but I have you seen the Snow White UK collectors dvd? Now that IS how to package a film.
Yummy!
MarknSue

Jimengland

Call me a pesimist (most people do) but that is another bad thing that has happened to me. My Snow White DVD arrived today 'cos I pre-ordered it, I was really excited because again I had forked out for the collecters edition. When I opened the packeage I found a bog standard version AND the case was broken.:hammer: :brick:

MarknSue

Original Poster
:eek:
that sort of thing happens to me all the time - I love how jolly the staff are in disney store, but they can be kinda inept ;)
Not a problem if your local but its a bit of a trek for me!
Ive had to go back to the store once because I was naive enough not to check what I was given in the store, and once because I bought ToyStory2 n DVD, and the very next week they announced the Collectors set.
Anyway Jim, Im not a pessimist , Im an optimist, and I shall now end my moaning ways
(on this thread at least)
Mark

Jimengland

Talking of the staff being inept when I rang to complain they said that I should either send it to them or come into the shop to replace it. They also said that they would pay for travelling expenses. What they don't realise is that I bought it in the Glasgow DS and I live in the Midlands:D :sohappy:
Actually I am not that mean, it will be in the post tomorrow.

MarknSue

Original Poster
you know if they really said theyd give you travelling expenses thats pretty cool! the sort of above and beyond service you only get at disney. wow! wish Id thought to ask for that on my return trips now!
the set IS worth waiting for though - even better than I thought it would be.
As for the disneT treasures (boy do I wish I could modify the title of this thread!) themselves, I was on the US amazon site and you can preoder the sets for something like $25 a piece. ok need to play shipping but I think theyre gooing to be a must buy for old Lonesome Ghosts fan here!

Jimengland

I hope the Disney Treasures are released in UK as I can't afford to buy them AND have them shippind over AND change my player. It is a shame because as you say they sound amazing, Disney are finally using DVD's properly.
By the way what are the extra Snow White features in the CE? I can't wait for mine to arrive to find out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom