Discrepancy between regular dinner reservations and Fantasmic package dates

jbsjbs

Original Poster
We're planning to visit DLR in early January. Blue Bayou dinner reservations seem to always open up 60 days in advance but the Fantasmic dinner packages have been "stuck" on December 30 for the past week or so. My understanding is that they only release them in blocks and that those blocks are not predictable.

My question is, when they DO release blocks are they only available for times that regular reservations were still available for? That is, are they also holding some restaurant capacity back to go with the packages or if an evening is already full then the released dinner packages will not be available for that evening. If so then the longer the delay past 60-days out the less likely one is to be able to still get a table.

And on a related note, if you're HOLDING a regular dinner reservation for Blue Bayou then once the packages are released can a CM on the phone convert that into a dinner package reservation?

Thanks for any advice!

jbsjbs

Original Poster
Thanks! I
Best thing to do is call and ask.

did try calling before posting. Spoke to 2 different CMs neither of which knew the answer so I thought someone hear might have first-hand experience.

Disney charging people for viewing that was free for 20 years is ridiculous, I wouldn't mind if they reduced the dining package offerings or did away with them altogether.

If you were planning to eat at Blue Bayou anyhow (which we were) my math makes it look like depending on the entree you choose you're paying from $0 to $15 difference for the prix fixe package. Even on the higher end of that range I'd be happy to spend $15 per person to not have to spend an extra hour staking out seats, not to mention the cushion and much better viewing options (especially for little kids). I might feel differently if you could only see it by paying, but having a small upcharge for a different viewing experience is something I'm on board with. I hope they don't end it, especially days before our visit!

freebird72

They may not have settled on the overall park schedules or the performance schedule for Fantasmic yet. Currently, I can only see park hours at Disneyland.com through 12/24. I've had the issue in the past with dining package reservations where I wasn't able to make reservations until the park/entertainment schedules were published. Keep checking schedules online and periodically keep calling.

Meanwhile, if you do have a standard reservation for Blue Bayou right now--hold on to it. When/if you can finally see package availability for your dates, call Disney Dining at that point and see if you can convert your reservation type, or they can book your dining package reservation, and then cancel your standard reservation--you have to talk to a person to do this, the online system will not let you book two reservations for the same time.

jbsjbs

Original Poster
Thanks!

...see if you can convert your reservation type, or they can book your dining package reservation, and then cancel your standard reservation--you have to talk to a person to do this, the online system will not let you book two reservations for the same time.

This is what I was asking about -- has anyone done this or otherwise have information that it's possible? The people I spoke with on the phone didn't know whether they could or not.

freebird72

I have held multiple dining reservations for the same time--first time was when I booked a group of 11 into Blue Bayou, and they could only do it in 3 separate reservations. Did it again a year later for River Belle Terrace, and did it this past summer for Napa Rose and Storyteller's Cafe reservations at the same time. You can only get it done by speaking to a Disney Dining Cast Member--they can override the system and book the reservations. Make sure you write down and save the confirmation numbers they give you!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I have held multiple dining reservations for the same time--first time was when I booked a group of 11 into Blue Bayou, and they could only do it in 3 separate reservations. Did it again a year later for River Belle Terrace, and did it this past summer for Napa Rose and Storyteller's Cafe reservations at the same time. You can only get it done by speaking to a Disney Dining Cast Member--they can override the system and book the reservations. Make sure you write down and save the confirmation numbers they give you!

I'm not sure the last time you did it, but don't they now ask for a credit card to charge a $10 (or maybe more now) cancellation fee? So it might not be worth it to book multiple places for the same time when the cancellation fees start racking up.

McPhoenix

I'm not sure the last time you did it, but don't they now ask for a credit card to charge a $10 (or maybe more now) cancellation fee? So it might not be worth it to book multiple places for the same time when the cancellation fees start racking up.

The cancellation fees are only for no-shows and if you cancel within a day of the reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom