Discovery Island

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
What are they doing with it? I heard it was going to made inot Myst island or something like Discovery Cove.

wagner92

Hey, from what I heard, Myst Island was a definite possibility for Discovery Island. However, Myst Island was going to be the most technologically advanced mini-park in the entire world. Since the times are a-slumping, it isn't going to happen anytime soon. Also, another complication is that Discovery Island is an animal preserve and part of the land that Disney has set aside for conservation efforts. SO that would have to be figured out.

Problems with Homeymoon Suite on Discovery Island.....

1 - Where do you park? Fort Wilderness, Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge don't have enough parking as it is.

2 - Is disney going to have boats available 24/7 to get people back and forth across the island? I doubt it that would cost money.

Can anyone else think of any other reasons why this won't happen?

Disneynut

If you were on your Honeymoon and had a private Cabana on Discovery Island, do you really think you would leave the island???????? :D

Lisa

My mother just returned from Disney and because we have always loved DI asked a CM what exactly was happening with DI. She was told that a few of the animals would remain there and that it is going to be used for corporate functions by large companies. For example incentive meetings for AT&T etc.
So basically that rules me out :(

Lisa

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Lisa
My mother just returned from Disney and because we have always loved DI asked a CM what exactly was happening with DI. She was told that a few of the animals would remain there and that it is going to be used for corporate functions by large companies. For example incentive meetings for AT&T etc.
So basically that rules me out :(

Lisa

I had a feeling Disney would use it for something like that. Probably Mike Eisner's Florida Vacation Home...:eek: :eek: (I would make it mine, if I were CEO).

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by donaldduck1967
Disneynut

What's the point of going to WDW if you are going to stay on an island that has nothing to do on it?

I don't know about you, but in MY honeymoon, I'm not gonna be in the parks. ;) ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom