Discovery Cove

The Empress Lilly

That is one of the advantages receiving tickets for some other parks as we are going to visit sea world etc so that has a major factor in my decision
What did Disney close??
Shark Reef.

Which in my imagination was an indispenseble part of Typhoon Lagoon. Which now feels flat, uninspiring, and incomplete to me. :(

We have been to Discovery cove 2 times now and done the Dolphin swim both times . We said when we next go to Orlando we will do the non dolphin swim option. Whilst the dolphins are magical , the best bit for us is the reef. We have literally spent most of the day snorkeling there . The river is good , but it is quite a long way round and does have some deep bits . They do provide life jackets and floats . The first time we went with our daughter she was not a confident swimmer , the second time she got more out of it and I was not worried the whole time. The dolphin trainers were amazing with my daughter and really encouraged her and helped her in the water . What we have noticed at Discovery cove is that most people don't stay the whole day . If you go early and leave at closing you can really maximise your day . It is one of the most relaxing days we have had on our Orlando holidays . The food , snacks and drinks are great value . We also made use of the 14 day ticket to SeaWorld and Aquatica. We never made it to Bush Gardens.
We went to SeaWorld first then Discovery Cove .

NRL2003

Over the years I have done DC 3x. The first 2 with the dolphin swim as I had nieces/nephews with me. The last time I did it without. I loved each and every day I have spent at DC. Last trip I took full advantage of the 14 day ticket to SW and Aquatic. I had a car with me last time and did the Busch Garden add on for $25 (which also included unlimited parking at SW, Aquatic and BG). This was also in September so got the off season pricing. What a deal for the other 3 parks with unlimited parking, for less than $200 plus the day at DC with unlimited food and drink (including alcohol).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom