Discovery Cove?

Firewolfe51

Original Poster
Has anyone ever been to DC? Is it worth the $279 to go? Just a thought. It looks neat on the website. I only know 1 or 2 folks that have ever been.

CAPTAIN HOOK

We visited DC 3 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the day - relaxing and not overcrowded. The meal quality was excellent. I'd recommend it to anyone (so much so that we're going again this trip)

From the Discovery Cove Website -

"New in 2006, from the moment you arrive at Discovery Cove, everything is ready and waiting for you and included in your day's admission -- all snacks and beverages throughout the day, including a continental breakfast featuring danish, muffins, fruit, coffee and juice served outside Laguna Grill as well as various Anheuser-Busch products and snacks from either of our beach bars. These amenities are all in addition to the Laguna Grill lunch always included as part of Discovery Cove admission."

"All-Inclusive detail description -

Snorkeling with thousands of tropical fish in the Coral Reef.
Wading with the rays in the Ray Lagoon.
Hand-feeding birds in the free flight Aviary.
Relaxing in the Resort Pool and swimming along the Tropical River.
Continental breakfast, sumptuous lunch, plus all snacks and beverages throughout the day.
Snorkel gear, swim vest or wet suit, towels, lockers, sunscreen, beach chairs.
All day self-parking.
Complimentary photo portrait of you and your party as you enter Discovery Cove.
Admission to either SeaWorld Orlando or Busch Gardens Tampa Bay* for seven consecutive days. Or a combination pass with admission to both parks for 14 consecutive days for $30 more.
"

DWImagineer

Firewolfe51 said:
Has anyone ever been to DC? Is it worth the $279 to go? Just a thought. It looks neat on the website. I only know 1 or 2 folks that have ever been.

I've been to DC and its awesome. Defintiely worth the money. I went two years beack when I was 14 and did the Trainer for the Day since I'm aiming for a career in animal training or Marine Biology. You get to do everything that was mentioned above plus feed sharks, rays, dolphins, and birds. You also got to go backstage to see how everything works and to have a play session with the dolphins.

TheMommie

DC IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Great experiance and yes worth the money but if you want a deal I'll post tommorow the deal you can get through my timeshare $399 for two dolphin swim passes plus a 3night stay at Sheraton Vistana just have to do the timeshare speil.:lookaroun No one throw anything just an option that is how we did it since got us an extra weekend of vacation and DC for the same price as just going to DC with our Fla resident discount+Seaworld passholder discount. Only bad thing is now have to wait 6 months before we can go again through that special:brick: don't want to wait 6 months to go again!
The only bad thing was the price of the Dolphin swim photo package spent $300 between dolphin swim pics and video plus the $79 CD of pictures from eleswhere in the park.

CAPTAIN HOOK

We did the Dolphin swim about 2 weeks ago. Brilliant.

The only thing that spoilt the day was an "accident" in one of the Dolphin Swim areas which meant us either swimming much later in the day (around 5pm) or returning for the swim another day - we returned and so got 2 full days for the price of 1.

bayoutinkbelle

Most worth it!! I've done DC two years in a row and will be going back. It's very relaxed and the crowd is kept to a limited number (can't remember what it is, though). Booking online is a great way to get into DC and then score the free passes to either SeaWorld or Busch Gardens Tampa. We always go with SeaWorld. The food is great and this year's all-inclusive deal was fantastic. I had to convince my son he could walk up to the snack bar and just take something. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom