Discovery Cove

Beauty and the

Original Poster
As an ardent Disney Fan I have never really enthused about Universal or Sea World, but all this has to change now. After spending the day at Discovery Cove on the 20th August I think this could be the greatest threat to the Disney World Empire, the place is absolutely superb $199 for the day sounded expensive, but even without the 7 day seaworld pass was worth every penny, oops sorry cent. The dolphin swim had to be one of the greatest experiences of my life (and I've had a few) and the whole place had an air of exclusiveness, calm and tranquility that I have never encountered in Orlando.
Not all of our party had a dolpin swim, but still proclaimmed it the best part of our three week vacation, even though we stayed the whole time on site at Disney. Without doubt we will return to Orlando and Disney but next time Discovery Cove will be top of our list for must do's.

markymark

I totally agree!

We did this last year and I am desperate to do it again next year. I agree that $199 sounds a lot of cash, but when you consider there is a 7 day SW pass too, it's pretty decent value. Especially as when we go, we stay at the inlaws appartment, which is about 1 mile away from SW, down I-Drive. The thing I really love is the fact that there is a limited number of people allowed in each day (about 1000 isn't it?) And, especially at a time of year when it is really busy, the fact you are in a park that isn't overcrowded is a real bonus.

Beauty and the

Original Poster
Your right Mark I think the cut off number is 1000:)

We went on a Monday and I don't know if this is a quiet day but there certainly wasn't 1000 people there. At times we felt as though we had the lazy river to ourselves, especially at 10am and again after lunch. The kids and DH had a great time snorkelling playing James Bond and going on secret missions and I was happy to be Moneypenny on the Sunbed with a cocktail.

The group dolphin swim had only atotal of 7 people in, so our 8 year old and myself seemed to have loads of individual time with the dolphin. DH got some unbeliveable video coverage and the offcal photo's where something else, that good that we had to buy five of them but we thought $87 was reasonable for something so very special.

Sorry for going on but I'm still on a high about it:D :D :D :D :D

markymark

Yep the web-site is great, and gives you a bit of a insight into the place, but believe me, you cannot fully appreciate it until you have been there. I am sure that Beauty and the.. will agree with me.

Beauty and the

Original Poster
I don't think the Web site or the park maps do this place any justice at all. The setting is superb, the attention to detail as fine as Disney, nothing was too much trouble for the CM by youngest boy lost his snorkell and it was replaced without any fuss. A nice touch is the bottle of sunprotection creme they give you to use that is Dophin friendly it looks really tiny but is of such good quality that there was plenty for a family of five all day. I can't praise the place enough and can't wait to go back, not that you couldn't tell that any way;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom