Discovery Cove?

Jodigrl328

Original Poster
(just to let you know I am a die hard WDW fan,but would like to leave the resort for just one day and need some help) Sorry to post this here, but there aren't really any discovery cove fan websites out there so...

if anyone has any info or comments about their DC experience I would greatly appreciate it. I will be staying at POR in Sept and have made reservations for DC and would like some general info. Thanks! :sohappy:

TURKEY

I think there are a couple of threads in the SeaWorld forum. Either look there or do a search.

I seem to remember most people loved doing it. I really would like to do it too if I had the money.

Jodigrl328

Original Poster
thanks turkeylegboy. i didn't even see they had a see world board, i'm so used to posting on this one.

I know it is very expensive but I have been saving for a while and thouht it would be a once in a lifetime thing. thanks for the info.

Beauty and the

Hi Jodi, I think you will find that there are some huge Discovery Cove fans on this website, myself and Marky mark to name just two. For me it is my far and away the best day that I have ever spent in Orlando, and thats from someone who goes to work just to pay for a Disney trip:animwink:
If you want to ask anything about it just PM me

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Beauty and the
Hi Jodi, I think you will find that there are some huge Discovery Cove fans on this website, myself and Marky mark to name just two. For me it is my far and away the best day that I have ever spent in Orlando, and thats from someone who goes to work just to pay for a Disney trip:animwink:
If you want to ask anything about it just PM me

I posted a DC question a little while ago - check, its probably still there - I received a lot of useful feedback from the members on these boards. Markymark even sent me a PM going into incredible detail about the place and as a result I booked a day at DC when we go next year.
I think its going to be a great day and an incredible experience, if not just blame "Markymark" and "Beauty and the..."

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Yes, DC is fantastic. We visited it last year on our last trip to WDW.

We did the Trainer For A Day program. It costs more, but it was well worth it and it makes for a magical day.

Another good site to visit is http://www.themeparks.com/ . They have a good message board devoted to SeaWorld/Discovery Cove. If you can't get an answer here, check there.

Have fun! :)

garysargent

I visited DC a couple of weeks back and had a fantastic time.

The staff are brilliant - really look after you.

Don't go and not do the dolphin swim - there isn't that much else to do (but still enough to keep you happy).

When you have your swim they video you as well as taking photos. These are a rip off but I guess most people (including me) buy them so we have something to take away.

Video - $69 (NTSC or PAL formats)
Pictures - $100 for five + keyring!!! (other packages available)

A meal is included in the day and was pretty good by theme park standards.

Piglet

I went just after it opened, with my family, and thought it was fabulous with a capital "F". If you go, I suggest an early dolphin swim-time and grab a place on the sand near to the dolphin pools so you can watch them all day. My sister and her family got to play with the dolphins a second time because they happened to be sat right by them.

disneydolphin

I've been to Discovery Cove three times, and I know that I will be going next year again. The dolphin swim really depends on what dolphin and which trainers you get. Some trainers will let you do a lot of different stuff while other trainers just follow the regular program(give dolphin rubdown, get kiss and hug, dorsal tow and a rubdown in deep water and then a few signals).. Luckily I have had a good dolphin swim everytime..:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom