Discounts for Polynesian Sept 6 - 15???

fanofwdw

Dear Disney-o-philes:

I'm having those last minute jitters and regrets. When Fall Fling discounts came up I snapped them up, and I ended up settling on Port Orleans Riverside, which I got for $89 per night for Sept. 6-15. I was happy.

However, my childhood memories of the Polynesian are clutching at my soul, and I am just wondering if there is any way to get substantial discounts at that resort this late in the game.

The only one I've seen is AP discounts of 30% (I don't have an AP). This makes it $210 a night I believe. I would love to get an $189 or lower rate.

Help! (not very optimistic)

cymbaldiva

All I can say is that I've been dreaming of the Contemporary since...well, forever really, but I'd never turn down $89 at PO - I love that resort! Keep your dreams of the Poly, but in the meantime, keep the great PO rate!

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
September 6th through the 20th!

I know the feeling. We checked out ALL the discounts (i.e. AAA, AP, special codes, etc.) and didn't find anything great until we called the Disney Club and got a discount of 62% off the rack rate at the Poly and the GF ($105 a night). Called back the next day and attempted to book another trip and the rates JUMPED back up. My experience has been that you just have to call, call, call, call, call until you get the price you want. No one source has the "best" rate. Also, did I tell you to call?

Upvote 0

fanofwdw

Original Poster
Thank you!

Thanks you all:

I will call every day and definitely keep my res at POR. 62%...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart just skipped a beat. If only I could get such a rate!

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

trust Talsonic!!! I did the same thing and got a great rate at PO Riverside also but for October!!!! Then my sister decided to come along with her hubby. She wanted to stay at the Yacht Club and so caled and got the room she wanted or so she thought. The room she got was a garden view she wanted a lagoon view. The credited her the difference since there wasnt any rooms available wth that discount. I called back to see what I could see for her and I found out that there is availability for everything my sister wanted but at the Beach Club! She hadnt been able to book there just a few days earlier as there was no availability!! I Am guessing here but I would imagine that different blocks of rooms get released to different package "buckets" as management determines that they would like to sell more rooms in one resort or another! Keep trying! and Good luck!!

Upvote 0

fanofwdw

Original Poster
Down to $189 per night...

To all:

I am glad I called Disney Club reservations. They told me that they could change my reservation from POR to PR and keep the same discount package (Fall Fling). A Garden View room was available at PR, so I was able to get $189 per night.

I will still be calling, though, to try to get a lower rate!

Thanks for the advice!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom