Discount Tickets?

Yellow Shoes

The only reputable places to get discounted park admission is with AAA or Disney Club. (and those discounts are very small--$10-15)

There are places that sell admission, often park hoppers with a day or two left on them, but there is no way to tell if they are legit until you try to scan them at the gate.

I would RUN from an offer of hoppers with days remaining. Seems like a good way to lose money.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

You are much better just buying them from Disney or AAA.

There are too many ripoff artists in all the little ticket booths all over the place. If you buy one, there is no way to know if you are getting a good ticket or not. Disney won't do anything about it if you do get a bad ticket.

Upvote 0

Dawn S

I've been witnessing the crackdown here on bogus tickets. In fact, it is illegal now for the ticket booths to buy Disney tickets from people. Disney has gotten themselves out of that whole deal because too many dead tickets were being represented as having days on them & these ticket booth people had no way of knowing what they were buying or selling back! Now, when these booths offer Disney tickets, it's direct from Disney, totally legit, but tied in to a timeshare tour. These are SAFE, but a real pain in the rump to get. If you're really broke & desperate, I would suggest doing it (I did it twice when it was the only way I could do WDW), but otherwise, avoid the hassle & just buy them from Disney. The official tourist centers here (easily marked with a big "I" in a heart on the sign) sell them at a discount with no timeshare tour, but the discount is very minimal...about $5-10 per ticket.

DO NOT buy tickets from an individual on the street. This practice is VERY risky & ILLEGAL!! I saw someone busted for this in a parking lot last week. Both the buying & selling parties were arrested on the spot! :eek:

Upvote 0

tigger1968

If you live near a military base you can purchase tix at a discount on base, usually at their rec center. Basically, you can buy them without the tax, so that's where the savings comes from. I do not know if this has changed in light of 9/11. I do know that it is much more difficult to get on base these days, so I can't vouch for this as a sure thing anymore.

Upvote 0

BoBa BoI

Originally posted by tigger1968
If you live near a military base you can purchase tix at a discount on base, usually at their rec center. Basically, you can buy them without the tax, so that's where the savings comes from. I do not know if this has changed in light of 9/11. I do know that it is much more difficult to get on base these days, so I can't vouch for this as a sure thing anymore.

Yooh need a sponser to get to certain stores like the Exchange, if yooh aren't a spouse or child of military personel. Ticket discounts haven't changed much, but since ticket prices have gone up the discounts don't seem that great. Because of 9/11 and the sudden dramatic increase of patriotism Disney Saluted all active duty personel in April. Men and Women in active duty were given free tickets for the entire month, and their families and friends 50% off. My friend got Disney to extend the discount and free tickets for his trip to Disneyworld this summer because he called in at the right time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom