Discontinuation of the Key to the World Card expanding to All Star Resorts

JohnD

All guests will receive a MagicBand, but a Key to the World card can be requested (emphasis mine). However, it will not have an active magnetic strip, meaning it cannot be used for regular FASTPASS, but can be used in place of, or in addition to a MagicBand.
As long as a KTTW card can be requested (I recommend it, BTW), I'm okay with this. After I lost my MB over Veterans Day weekend, I was grateful for having my KTTW card to gain entry to my room after returning from evening EMH rather than having to go the front desk in the early a.m. and spend who knows how much time to get another MB. (I did request one the next morning.) I would also recommend requesting a backup card for your ticket/pass too. Again, without my MB the rest of the day in AK, I could still use my plastic card instead.

disney4life2008

Another bites the dust...

As long as the legacy FP machines are still in the park in January - can I use my Annual Pass to get FPs? I am staying at Music but I am unsure if I will be using my MB or my AP card to get into the parks?

Donal Duck

What's the purpose of discontinuing the cards during the testing phase ?

So, if your staying at a value resort, you can't get the old passes too, like everyone else can.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
What's the purpose of discontinuing the cards during the testing phase ?

So, if your staying at a value resort, you can't get the old passes too, like everyone else can.
At this point it is really well past testing. But yes you are right, no FP for value resorts.

disney4life2008

What if your an annual passholder and staying at a Disney resort? I've already made my FP+ reserv and ordered MB's. Can I still use the AP for Regular FP?

You and I are in the same boat. Though, I have seen several confirmations that YES we can still use our APs to get a legacy FP. However, that is as of today - it seems that they are implementing changes on a weekly basis; so by January they may block my AP from getting a legacy FP during my stay. I am hoping not because I do not want to rely on FP+; I would rather squeeze as much like out of FP that I can before its gone forever.

weedles

You and I are in the same boat. Though, I have seen several confirmations that YES we can still use our APs to get a legacy FP. However, that is as of today - it seems that they are implementing changes on a weekly basis; so by January they may block my AP from getting a legacy FP during my stay. I am hoping not because I do not want to rely on FP+; I would rather squeeze as much like out of FP that I can before its gone forever.

Same situation for us. We have APs (actually vouchers that we will activate when we arrive). They dont appear to have the ability to block certain cards from pulling FP- (not giving them out, replacing with rfid & old cards still work) So unless the legacy machines are all pulled by Jan Im thinking we should be ok :cautious:

omurice

What about the idea that MB and MM+ would be "optional" for guests? Really this is troubling. I think it was in Iger's press release blasting the congressperson's privacy concerns at the start of 2013, where the promise of "optional" was made. That anyone could opt out if they wanted was reassuring to me. Must have meant "optional until at some point we decide it's no longer optional". Meaning at the end of the testing phase. Troubling.

weedles

What about the idea that MB and MM+ would be "optional" for guests? Really this is troubling. I think it was in Iger's press release blasting the congressperson's privacy concerns at the start of 2013, where the promise of "optional" was made. That anyone could opt out if they wanted was reassuring to me. Must have meant "optional until at some point we decide it's no longer optional". Meaning at the end of the testing phase. Troubling.

"Optional" as far as wearing the band or using the new rfid kttw cards.:rolleyes: And I guess technically it can be said one could take the option of not using FP+ as well we're not forced to skip long lines :confused:

disney4life2008

That is a gray area - I want to say opting out referred to the testing phase. If not that - then the opt out feature remains that a guest can request a KTTW card but from all the literature - it will not be able to be used like it is currently. So yes - you bring up a good point.

disney4life2008

"Optional" as far as wearing the band or using the new rfid kttw cards.:rolleyes: And I guess technically it can be said one could take the option of not using FP+ as well we're not forced to skip long lines :confused:

Maybe that is what Iger meant as opting out. If you do not do MM+ then you do not get to participate, lol. That is messed up if that is the case.

RonAnnArbor

Just as a heads up, this is a misleading subject title --- KTTW cards will NEVER be discontinued -- you can request one instead of the ridiculous wrist band --- what is being discontinued is the fastpass access with the card. Otherwise it functions just like your wristband. -- I know several people have mentioned this above but since people never read the whole thread it bears repeating....

JohnD

Maybe that is what Iger meant as opting out. If you do not do MM+ then you do not get to participate, lol. That is messed up if that is the case.

No, if you opt out of MB, you'll just have to use a combination of your KTTW card (for room access, charging) and AP/ticket card for admission/FP+. (I used both when I lost my MB). The MB does all all-in-one.

DisneyJoe

The opt-out referred to the amount of information that was shared in the system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom