disappointed

doctor tigger

Just another twist to the argument---
I've heard lots of other parents say that they are glad that Jungle Book 2 came out in the theater--simply because there have been so few movies suitable for little kids recently---it was a good time for it to be released, with little competition in the kid market.

Tigggrl

Cal and I went to see the movie tonight....
I have to say that I thought the animation was of a great quality in my opinion, and I loved the new songs, and the characters voices were top rate casting...
But what really impressed me was the family sitting next to me...
Mom, Dad, and a little boy, about 3 or 4.
They had their popcorn and lemonade, but as soon as this movie started, the boy couldnt take his eyes off of the screen:)
He made comments all thru the movie, ranging from,"I'm scared of Shere Khan"...to which his dad replied, "Dont worry, I am here to protect you" to questions all about Why this and Why that... and to each his Dad had a gentle, patient reply...and when the movie was over, and the Bare Necessities song started, they both started singing...:)

I don't know about you, but I believe, in my opinion, that this is what Walt wanted...a movie for the entire family to see and enjoy together, and for children to lose themselves in for a short time.
I think we, as adults tend to forget what this company was originally all about, families enjoying the wonderment that is Disney, together.
So if you are unable to see the magic in all things Disney, I feel sorry for those who have lost that innocence, and magical feeling of youth.
I believe in dreams come true...I live them, and see them in action every day:)

JUst my opinion:animwink:

WDWspider

Originally posted by Tigggrl
Cal and I went to see the movie tonight....
I have to say that I thought the animation was of a great quality in my opinion, and I loved the new songs, and the characters voices were top rate casting...
But what really impressed me was the family sitting next to me...
Mom, Dad, and a little boy, about 3 or 4.
They had their popcorn and lemonade, but as soon as this movie started, the boy couldnt take his eyes off of the screen:)
He made comments all thru the movie, ranging from,"I'm scared of Shere Khan"...to which his dad replied, "Dont worry, I am here to protect you" to questions all about Why this and Why that... and to each his Dad had a gentle, patient reply...and when the movie was over, and the Bare Necessities song started, they both started singing...:)

I don't know about you, but I believe, in my opinion, that this is what Walt wanted...a movie for the entire family to see and enjoy together, and for children to lose themselves in for a short time.
I think we, as adults tend to forget what this company was originally all about, families enjoying the wonderment that is Disney, together.
So if you are unable to see the magic in all things Disney, I feel sorry for those who have lost that innocence, and magical feeling of youth.
I believe in dreams come true...I live them, and see them in action every day:)

JUst my opinion:animwink:

Very well said... someone jokingly said I choose poorly in going to see this over Chicago. Um... OK. Thanks Tigggrl for you wonderful enlightenment.

darthdarrel

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
I don't think anyone said the length of the movie was a "problem".

There's lots of Disney movies that are longer too....some PAINFULLY so! :lol:

The real problem is.....this movie is a PRIME example of a cheap rip-off of a classic Original that should have gone straight to video...or even to Saturday Morning cartoon hour. "CUTE" is all it was!

I saw it last night and stick by my earlier comment that the two new songs for the movie are LAME, so much so that they had to sing "Bare Necessities" 3 times, which, ironically, only served to remind me of how much better the Original version of the movie was!!!

It was a mistake to use Phil Collins as a character voice without involving him musically in the score or soundtrack.

Dear Disney,
America is SICK of cheap sequels! Where has the MAGIC gone???
Love, BRER STITCH
IT`s a shame you are such a pesimist
I really liked jungle book 2! I thought it was just as good as the first.

Mr. Tom Morrow

No more sequals, please!

The problem with most of the Disney sequels is that they don’t tell any kind of new story. The reason Jungle Book 2 is almost as good as the Jungle Book, is because it’s basically the same movie! Another example that comes to mind is Little Mermaid II. These are movies with new characters placed in the same story line. What Disney is doing here is exploiting its own library to create cheap imitations that are not worthy of the Disney name, purely for profit. The thing that makes Disney fans and some shareholders mad is that by doing so the company is lowering the overall value of its product. And this is going to hurt over the long run.

If Disney wants to continue producing sequels, and by all indications they will, they should do it the right way and for the right reason. The right reason is to entertain the family, which is what Disney has always prided itself on, but has fallen short of in recent years. The right way is to take the same characters and where possible continue the story from where the original left off with new material, not just tell the same story over again. A good example of this is the Aladdin sequels. If Disney was to follow these rules, the sequels would enhance the overall product, make more profit then these knock offs do and create more good movies for families to cherish for years to come.

I suggest that there is a way that Disney could do the same thing, profit wise, without having to do a thing. Why not go back to re-releasing the originals to big screen like they did until the mid ‘80’s? I would much prefer to go to the movie theater to see Cinderella, for the millionth time, than watch Cinderella II at all. And don’t give me the, home video argument. There is a big difference between viewing a movie at home and viewing it at the theater. It has also been proven to make money even with video on the market! Star Wars was huge a few years ago when all three movies were re-released. And Disney knows it too, as it has re-released the Little Mermaid not that long ago. And don’t forget Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King have both been re-released, but in IMAX versions.

I would also suggest that if Disney was to go back to re-releasing the classics, stop producing the sequels, that the new movies would also be greatly improved. This can be done by taking the money budgeted for the sequels and the artists working on them and putting them into feature animation. Let’s be honest, since Hercules there hasn’t been a great Disney animated movie except for maybe Lilo and Stitch. In fact the biggest bomb recently was Atlantis, and there is even a sequel planned for it too! Disney needs to get its act together and it better do it fast. Disney should also be very, very, very thankful for Pixar for if it wasn’t for Pixar’s Toy Storey 2, Monsters Inc. and the soon to be released Finding Nemo, Disney would be in even more financial trouble that it finds itself in now!

Well that’s my 2 cents, just an option so take it for what it is. But I’m glad to finally have that off my chest!

MKCustodial

OK, I finally went to see it, and I gotta say I really liked it. It feels just as good as the original. I only have few complaints:

1) No Louie. Baloo kinda makes clear that Louie left after the temple was destroyed (funny how they were able to rebuild it! :lol: ), but it's obvious that Disney tried to replace him with the MC monkey when they couldn't get Prima's widow to help...

2) After a while living among men, Mowgli seems more "smart" then he was while living in the jungle!

3) It's a pity how Bagheera was totally forgotten on the sequel.

Besides this, I'll be waiting for the DVD so I can get to see it in English.

MicBat

I thought the movie was great! I loved the song "Jungle Rythym" and how it was played in segments throughout the film! Much better than direct to video sequels, but I like Return to Neverland better.

BTW... this is off topic, but they played the "lizzie mcguire movie" preview and I cant wait!!! :)hammer: I'm such a loser!)

WDWspider

Apparently my wife liked the movie so much she just called to inform me that we now own the Soundtrack. :lol: That's the Jungle Rythym.

She also bought all the character 3-packs for my son.

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by darthdarrel
IT`s a shame you are such a pesimist
I really liked jungle book 2! I thought it was just as good as the first.

:(

WOW....

A Pesimist??

If you're gonna call me names, at least pick one that fits.

The real shame here is that you resorted to name-calling because you didn't agree with my opinion.

Oh well....

:veryconfu

darthdarrel

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
:(

WOW....

A Pesimist??

If you're gonna call me names, at least pick one that fits.

The real shame here is that you resorted to name-calling because you didn't agree with my opinion.

Oh well....

:veryconfu
LOL! I`m not name calling I was being sarcastic,you know I would never call you names!:lol: Lighten up!:D I do,However think you were a bit harsh on the movie and me aswell!:( and I wasn`t calling you names,I was saying you were being extremely negative.

JLW11Hi

One thing about sequels, to me, they should never be compared to films made at Disney Feature Animation. The sequels are done at Television animation, so I never expect the animation quality to be all that stupendous.

Still, in many of these sequels, the talent and quality really show through, mabey because they're not on quite as tight a schedule as they normally would be for a tv show.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
Disney Sequels SUCK!:mad:

What a thought out opinion! :lol:

What about Toy Story 2, Fantasia 2000, Return to Neverland, Lady and the Tramp 2, Jungle Book 2? Just because you didn't like one you shouldn't automatically rule out all the others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom