Disappointed Epcot

danyoung56

Epcot is by far my favorite of the parks. It's not about high speed rides - it's more about a slower experience. Give me a mini-concert by the Voices of Liberty, a showing of The American Adventure, martinis at the Rose & Crown and dinner in the Coral Reef - now that's a good time in a Disney park!

Jon81uk

Very disappointed in Epcot. There were no characters of Disney, China Japan morocco London EU basically closed. Was not worth the money was not worth the time. Epcot is boring!
What were you expecting? Epcot isn't a park built around Disney characters.
There aren't really any meets with characters in any of the parks due to Covid. But prior to that they did meet at Epcot.

Weather_Lady

Some people just don't understand the importance of doing one's homework (whether it's learning about the WDW parks before paying huge amounts of money to visit them, or simply learning to proofread -- apropos of nothing, does anyone else think this poster looking for "characters of Disney" might be the same one who complained recently about the "words of swear," posting under a new name?).

If you put the effort into setting realistic expectations, you'll rarely be disappointed.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Everyones expectations and desires differ. EP wasnt my fav park when I first started visiting but it has grown on me over the years as I found ways to make it entertaining and exciting for me. It isnt as much a theme park based on attractions as MK, animals as AK, or themed for movies as DHS. it was always more geared to provide a unique look at various countries, their culture, and achievements. if it doesnt fit your style of vacationing then avoid it and spend an extra day at a park that fits you better. Maybe return to it and give it another chance later on when you are ready to accept it as it is.

Lilofan

Epcot is by far my favorite of the parks. It's not about high speed rides - it's more about a slower experience. Give me a mini-concert by the Voices of Liberty, a showing of The American Adventure, martinis at the Rose & Crown and dinner in the Coral Reef - now that's a good time in a Disney park!
I loved watching the British Invasion perform behind UK and also Mo ' Rockin with the talented belly dancer out by the lake at Morocco!

Inspired Figment

There are plenty of Disney characters out at EPCOT.
Mhm, especially now.. a plentiful selection of attractions with characters, along with others on the way. Same goes for meet n greets (calvacades now in this case)

Granted, many people (myself included) are upset that the focus of them isn’t on the real world concepts using the characters as a ‘catalyst’ to showcase that subject or place) or that some of the characters fit in much too loosely than they should (Frozen Ever After being a perfect example, Guardians of the Galaxy sounding similar in regards to execution but we shall see once it opens..)
That and the fact many of them are coming as the expense of adding new attractions with ‘park original’ concepts & characters they could be developing. ‘But’ there are definitley a plethora of characters featured in both attractions & meet n greets throughout the park atm and in the future.
Wonder why the original 83-98 Journey Into Imagination was so popular? It fit the criteria of an EPCOT ride, being a real world subject presented in a captivating/enjoyable way with ‘characters’ used a catalyst to that subject, perfectly. (It just didn’t have to always rely on a popular ‘film or tv’ character or franchise to achieve it…). Nearly everyone after they rode that ride, came off it loving Dreamfinder & Figment, got motivation/inspiration to appreciate & use their own creative abilities, and we’re even invited to an interactive area to let their own creative energy & appreciation flourish.

Kitchen Kabaret & Cranium Command did that well also. The same could be said for some of the early Film IP themed attractions also. The sensory funhouse & Goofy About Health at Wonders of Life, and Circle of Life at The Land

That and it wasn’t making the mistake Frozen Ever After did.. that being, it focused entirely on the characters & their fantasy world themselves, rather than presenting Norway & Norwegian culture in the most captivating, awe inspiring or exciting way possible in a way that not only made the characters interesting & memorable to everyone riding it, but got them interested in the real life Norway

Last edited:

Chicken Guy

It’s easy to think Epcot is a poor show when it has been fractured and broken for almost thirty years and counting. You’ll probably get a lot of info from this thread, but I recommend doing some light research to find out just how that park came to be. You’ll learn more than a thing or two about the company’s history.

Lilofan

I like the unique merchandise from the countries, Norway/ Helly Hansen attire, sweaters, France Italy - over pungent smell of perfumes, Japan $16K pearl necklace, etc.

Dog Ate Mouse

Epcot always has and will be the one park that was worth exploring with a lot of things to do. Example is going into all the pavilions and visiting all the countries and there is entertainment and a lot of different foods and cultures to try and encounter.

Maybe you have gone into the land pavilion, but did you go take the behind the seeds tour. This was a lot of fun and learning at the same time. It also when you eat in any place in the land make you appreciate this pavilion even more. Or when was the last time you went to the living seas and just enjoyed the sea life and then eaten at the Coral Sea and enjoyed the huge Aquarium while eating dinner.

Yes we have gone on the rides, but you have to explore EPCOT and you learn something about this world we live in. Just a really special place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom