Direct To Room Check-In?

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
Can someone explain Direct to Room for me? I did the online check in and my room is fully paid for. So I'm not sure if that means I'm signed up for direct to room check in or if there's something else I need to do.

Weather_Lady

That's our plan- divide and conquer in the airport and get to the bus ASAP. He's in charge of going to baggage claim for our suitcase. I'm in charge of the 4-year-old. I think he got the better end of the deal.

Not like you need somebody else throwing their two cents in, but if there are only the three of you (and since I'm sure getting your little one to the hotel and down for bed ASAP will be a priority), I'd consider packing carryon-only and skipping baggage claim altogether. That could save you a good half hour at baggage claim, at least, and ensure that nothing gets lost/broken/stolen.

Upvote 0

allymonkey

I'd consider packing carryon-only and skipping baggage claim altogether. That could save you a good half hour at baggage claim, at least, and ensure that nothing gets lost/broken/stolen.

While I would love to do that the chances of us getting all of our clothes in 2 suitcases that are small enough to carry onboard would be tough (the other suitcase we own is large enough that we have to check it). And trying to keep track of one very strong-willed child whose "listening ears" often malfunction PLUS multiple suitcases through the airports is not my idea of the start of a relaxing vacation. We usually carry-on our necessities- one extra change of clothing each, swimsuits, and some snacks and distractions.

Upvote 0

Raven66

We have done it both ways. While I absolutely going to the counter to check in, taking in all the sights and people. It's the beginning of the trip. But I also love the idea of being able to take our stuff right to the room,freshen up and take pictures of course:). This year we are driving so either way works. We can leave our things in the car.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom