DINOSAUR..... what is it

hajenga

Been advised not to take my 5yo son on DINOSAUR. He's never really been on a real ride before. He is 48 inches in his tennis shoes.

What is the ride? Think I'm having a mental block here:brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:. I've been trying to research the rides/parks to make a nice easy trip. What is DINOSAUR?

We rode the ride for the first time
last year....we willl NEVER do it again.

It is very a very dark, jarring ride and if you have a problem with motion sickness (like I do); this isn't for you. I couldn't wait for the ride to end. There are warning signs stating if you have back problems, are preganant or have motion sickness issues - NOT to ride....but I didn't listen.

The best part - - the gift shop with the pictures. We had to buy them as there were people on our "transport" who were laughing at my husband and I who had our heads down and our 32 year old daughter with a face of FEAR. To this day, we laugh hysterically when we look at that picture.
:eek:

Upvote 0

goofysgurl

It depends on your child...my 5 yo loved it when she rode it and it's the only ride she can't wait to go back on (I actually had to find the movie when we go back she loved it so much). However, I would start out with milder rides and see how it goes before trying it.

Upvote 0

hajenga

Original Poster
They offer childswap on this ride. Just go throught the entire queue and at the loading zone let them know and one parent can ride and check out the ride and the other can wait with the child. One the first parent finishes the ride the swap positions and the second parent can now ride. This way you both can see what it is all about and then discuss it with your child.

Thanks for the picture. Things like this really help me make a decision. Sitting by himself on something scary is MUCH different than sitting between Mommy & Daddy.

Got through about 2 minutes of the recommended UTube befor my computer conection gave out..... will try again later.

Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

Last year my DD was 5 and she didnt like Dinosaur but she LOVES ToT and all of the Mountains, including Space Mt! When we go later this month, she is now 6 and said she will CONSIDER Dinosaur again lol but it really wasnt her cup of tea, even though she has no problem with the coasters....including EE and RnR!

Upvote 0

jlandis44

Dinosaur is a ride that most kids under 6 wouldn't like. Of course, there will be exceptions. But, it's overly loud, overly dark, and pretty intense. Frankly, even for me (42 yrs old), it's too dark. I don't mind the bumpy ride...I can live with the noise...but, I can't see anything, which ruins the ride for me. I go on it with my 11 year old, because he loves it, but I could live without it. My 7 year old hates it, and he loves roller coasters, so his fear all stems from the noise and the theme.

Upvote 0

Lexi

That was the one ride photo I regret till this day not buying..picture a row of four..Me (23 then), my boyfriend, random dad and his 7 year old son..the son and I in the picture are doing the same exact thing..hiding in the chest of person next to us while the others are laughing..granted I am just a little afraid of things popping out around me..but I could never imagine bringing a younger kid on this ride.

Upvote 0

hajenga

Original Poster
Ride by self or beside someone

That was the one ride photo I regret till this day not buying..picture a row of four..Me (23 then), my boyfriend, random dad and his 7 year old son..the son and I in the picture are doing the same exact thing..hiding in the chest of person next to us while the others are laughing..granted I am just a little afraid of things popping out around me..but I could never imagine bringing a younger kid on this ride.

OK. Now I'm confused:veryconfu. The picture the nice poster placed earlier made it look as if on Dinosaur you had to ride by yourself. You say that you and the 7yo have your heads in the chest of the person next to you. This could make the diference in riding this ride or not. Anyone know how we would sit on this ride?

Upvote 0

UberMouse

Taken from the internet. Not my people ;-)

c12621.jpg

Upvote 0

anc33

I'll be honest. This is one ride I was going to wait to take my daughter on because it is very loud and jerky. However, she is obsessed with dinosaurs and wanted to ride it today. I was a little hesitant, even more so when she started to get nervous at the load area. But we forged on. She seem a little tense at the beginning but was laughing by the time we got to the loud carnotaurus. By the end she was cheering that we brought back the iguanodon. As I type this she is conducting a battle scene between her T-Rex and the R2-D2 mug she picked up at HS. I don't yet know if this has scarred her for life but she is only 3.5 so I guess I have some time to fit in therapy before she starts Pre-K. I doubt it will come to that as she is already asking to go back the next time we take a day trip to the World.

Upvote 0

hajenga

Original Poster
anc33 (or any one else who has been very recently) Did you get to sit with your daughter (side by side or front to back) or did she have to sit by herself?

This is really important in decision to even consider ride.

Upvote 0

Lexi

OK. Now I'm confused:veryconfu. The picture the nice poster placed earlier made it look as if on Dinosaur you had to ride by yourself. You say that you and the 7yo have your heads in the chest of the person next to you. This could make the diference in riding this ride or not. Anyone know how we would sit on this ride?

I am 100% sure that you sit in a row of 4 people in a jeep like vehicle..I'm a little unsure if it had 2 or 3 rows rows in it, but there is no way you sit by yourself. Here's Disney's official page for the ride: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/animal-kingdom/attractions/dinosaur/

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom