Dinosaur to operate at reduced capacity for a couple of months due to refurbishment

PurpleDragon

When I was there back in June they were only using one side of the load/unload dock. I wonder if there was some sort of damage to the side they will be working on.

IWant2GoNow

Does this mean they'll get all the broken effects working?

My apologies if the link explains what is going on. For some reason the forums aren't blocked here but the main page links are. :shrug::confused::lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does this mean they'll get all the broken effects working?

My apologies if the link explains what is going on. For some reason the forums aren't blocked here but the main page links are. :shrug::confused::lol:

It is work on the load/unload area, not in the actual show scenes.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
There seems to be a good deal of queue work going on around WDW recently. I understand the need, but some TLC for the rides themselves would be nice too.....

SMRT-1

just remember that the white zone is for loading and unloading only.

6410707_std.jpg

Evil Genius

There seems to be a good deal of queue work going on around WDW recently. I understand the need, but some TLC for the rides themselves would be nice too.....

I was just thinking this exact thing! It seems incredibly backwards to me to rehab the ques then MAYBE get around to the attractions themselves.

It makes me sad too. I'm one of the people who actually love Dinosaur and it upsets me to see the state the attraction is in. I remember riding it back in 1999 when it was still CTX and LOVING it from beginning to end. It was loud...ruckus...and intense...now it's just...there. :(

kaos

Please refresh my memory... Was there a difference between CTX and Dinosaur? I thought that the name was the only change... I guess I don't quite remember the CTX ride if there was a ride change...

Evil Genius

Please refresh my memory... Was there a difference between CTX and Dinosaur? I thought that the name was the only change... I guess I don't quite remember the CTX ride if there was a ride change...

If' I'm remembering correctly (it has been a little over a decade now) CTX seemed slightly faster and rougher than Dinosaur. Of course that could've been due to the attraction's newness at the time and it just wore down over time...I'm not certain. I just remember the overall experience being more extreme.

kaos

Thanks! I didn't think that anything had changed with that attraction... except the wait time as AK started to become stale until EE...

jrlbc06

The carnatorous was running at the trucks when I was there in the first two weeks of July. I noticed this because I hadn't seen that effect before and thought it was pretty cool.

rangerbob

What is new with this one? I can't tell you the last time that I've actually seen them using 2 sides for the ride. I think Summer is the only time that they actually need to use both sides to keep up with the demand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom